TORONTO, Nov. 10, 2014 /CNW/ - In collaboration with patients, caregivers and Canada's leading lung cancer experts, Lung Cancer Canada will unveil the Faces of Lung Cancer, Fighting Disease, Fighting Disparity, a brand new report focused on the five priority areas for lung cancer in Canada.
Lung Cancer Canada invites you to attend a media briefing to learn more about this new report and hear first-hand about the human stories behind this devastating disease that kills 52 Canadians every single day.
Patients and caregivers will highlight the impact of the five priority areas on Canadian families. Medical experts will speak about their current understanding of an escalating situation, and what this means for Canadians moving forward.
Lung cancer media briefing event
- Healthcare professionals including:
- Dr. Natasha Leighl, Medical Oncologist and President of Lung Cancer Canada
- Dr. Paul Wheatley Price, Medical Oncologist and Chair of Lung Cancer Canada Medical Advisory Committee
- Other members of Lung Cancer Canada's Medical Advisory Board
- Patients and caregivers including:
- Ruth Wasylenko from Edmonton, AB a lung cancer patient who is participating in her second clinical trial
- Roz Brodsky from Toronto, ON who was just been diagnosed with her second lung cancer
- Maria Amaral from Toronto, ON who lost her husband, just over a year ago
- Colonel Dr. Jacques Ricard, Ottawa, ON who was just newly diagnosed
- Toronto Reference Library - 789 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON, M4W 2G8
- Thursday, November 13th, 2014
- 4:00 p.m.
SOURCE: Lung Cancer Canada
For further information: For more information, or to book an interview in advance of the briefing, please contact: Ethan Pigott, 416-558-2783, firstname.lastname@example.org