MONTRÉAL, March 15, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - The Quebecor Fund Board of Directors is pleased to announce the names of the production companies and distributors whose projects will receive funding in the 11th round of the Event and Film Production Assistance Program (EFPAP) following February 3, 2016 submissions. The selected producers and distributors will share a total of $644,000 in funding. The three successful projects will be produced and distributed by A Média inc. (coproduction with Amalga Créations Médias inc.), Forum Films (cœur) Inc., Attraction Images Inc., Les Films Séville inc. and Les Films Christal s.e.c.
Quebecor Fund's EFPAP program seeks to capture synergies with all industry stakeholders in order to:
- support the production of Canadian French-language feature films;
- support multiplatform exploitation of feature films and, in particular, foster integrated marketing strategies with an interactive component, starting from the development stage;
- enable the creative/production team to produce a work as close as possible to its original creative vision;
- support television coverage of events with French-language Canadian content;
- support television coverage of events with integrated promotion and distribution on multiple platforms, including TV on demand;
- help recipients realize a return on investment in order to increase the Fund's impact.
Quebecor Fund, a major source of financing for Canadian television, event and film production and for digital media content, is an independent fund with a mission to support the development, production and marketing of high-quality content and its exploitation on various interactive platforms that use new information and communication technologies, such as interactive television (ITV), video on demand (VoD), mobile devices and high-speed Internet. Its new Export Assistance Program (EXAP) supports export initiatives by funding the development of audiovisual content adapted for non-Québec and international markets as well as marketing efforts.
Quebecor Fund was established through Videotron Ltd., which provides nearly $7.6 million annually in broadcasting distribution undertaking (BDU) contributions to the Canadian industry. Under its Event and Film Production Assistance Program (EFPAP), launched in September 2010, Quebecor Fund has granted 48 film projects and 13 event projects financial assistance totalling nearly $8.8 million to date.
- Producers: A Média inc. (coproduction with Amalga Créations Médias inc.)
- Distributor: Les Films Séville Inc.
Estelle, 34, faithful wife and mother, realizes she's been in a rut. To spice things up, she decides to try a threesome, and reluctantly has to get her partner to join in.
C'est le cœur qui meurt en dernier
- Producer: Forum Films (cœur) Inc.
- Distributor: Les Films Christal s.e.c.
A poignant comedy-drama about Alzheimer's disease and family. Brilliantly adapted from the popular Robert Lalonde novel of the same name by Gabriel Sabourin, directed by Alexis Durand-Brault and starring real-life mother and daughter Denise Filiatrault and Sophie Lorain.
Pieds nus dans l'aube
- Producer: Attraction Images Inc.
- Distributor: Les Films Séville Inc.
A tough and tender coming-of-age story about Félix, Fidor and the summer that changed everything. The adult leads in their adventure will be played by Roy Dupuis and Claude Legault. Directed by Francis Leclerc and co-written by Fred Pellerin.
Quebecor Fund, a non-profit organization, is a private fund incorporated under the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act. The Board of Directors is responsible for all decisions pertaining to the Fund, including its priorities, and is entirely and exclusively responsible for its funding decisions. The next deadline for applications for funding under the Event and Film Production Assistance Program (EFPAP) will be in early June 2016 (exact date to be determined). The next deadline for submissions for the Main Television Production Assistance Program (MPAP) is April 1, 2016. For more information, see the guidelines on the Quebecor Fund website at www.quebecorfund.ca.
SOURCE QUEBECOR FUND
For further information: Serge Thibaudeau, CEO, Quebecor Fund, 514 842-2497 / firstname.lastname@example.org