MONTREAL, June 25, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - The Quebecor Fund Board of Directors is pleased to announce the names of the production companies and distributors whose projects will receive tenth-round funding under the Event and Film Production Assistance Program (EFPAP) following June 2, 2015 submissions. The selected producers and distributors will share a total of $775,000 in funding. The four successful projects will be produced and distributed by PR3 Médias 2015 Inc., Aetios Productions Inc., Sons of Manual, Productions 10e Avenue Inc., Remstar Films Inc., Aetios Distribution Inc. and Les Films Séville Inc.
Quebecor Fund's EFPAP program seeks to capture synergies with all industry stakeholders in order to:
- support the production of Canadian French-language feature films;
- support multiplatform exploitation of feature films and, in particular, foster integrated marketing strategies with an interactive component, starting from the development stage;
- enable the creative / production team to produce a work as close as possible to its original creative vision;
- support television coverage of events with French-language Canadian content;
- support television coverage of events with integrated promotion and distribution on multiple platforms, including TV on demand;
- help recipients realize a return on investment in order to increase the Fund's impact.
Quebecor Fund, a major source of financing for Canadian television, event and film production and for digital media content, is an independent fund with a mission to support the development, production and marketing of high-quality content and its exploitation on various interactive platforms that use new information and communication technologies, such as interactive television (ITV), video on demand (VoD), mobile devices and high-speed Internet. Its new Export Assistance Program (EXAP) supports export initiatives by funding the development of audiovisual content adapted for non-Québec and international markets as well as marketing efforts.
Quebecor Fund was established through Videotron Ltd., which provides an average of nearly $8 million annually in broadcasting distribution undertaking (BDU) contributions to the Canadian industry. Under its Event and Film Production Assistance Program (EFPAP), launched in September 2010, Quebecor Fund has granted 45 film projects and 13 event projects financial assistance totalling more than $8 million to date.
Drummondville le Show
- Television producer: Productions PR3 Médias 2015 Inc.
- Event producer: Productions PR3 Médias 2015 Inc.
The opening show of Drummondville's 200th anniversary celebration. Over the years, many Drummondville natives have found an artistic voice. Through their art, their song and their words, we learn their personal stories and the things that bring them joy, with a nod or two to the history of Drummondville, from its founding to the present day.
- Producer: Aetios Productions Inc.
- Distributor: Remstar Films Inc., Aetios Distribution Inc.
In a television appearance, Paul Bougon denounces the status quo and vows to enter politics. So he founds the Parti de l'Écœurement National (PEN) with the support of his loving wife Rita and their children Junior and Dolorès. The plot revolves around the questionable party's instant success.
Juste la fin du monde
- Producers: Sons of Manual and MK2 (French co-producer)
- Distributor: Les Films Séville Inc.
After 12 years away from home, a writer returns to his native village to inform his family of his impending death. A family reunion in which each speaks the love he feels despite the endless bickering, and each gives voice to the bitterness that springs from doubt and solitude. Adapted from the play, directed by Xavier Dolan.
- Producer: Productions 10e Avenue Inc.
- Distributor: Les Films Séville Inc.
An animated feature film. Quebec, 1955. The destinies of Nelly Maloye, a novice private eye, and Simon Picard, a research assistant in a university anthropology department, unexpectedly meet. The impulsive and headstrong Nelly joins the methodical and pragmatic Simon in a dubious quest in the heart of the Himalayas to prove the existence of the elusive Yeti.
Quebecor Fund, a non-profit organization, is a private fund incorporated under the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act. The Board of Directors is responsible for all decisions pertaining to the Fund, including its direction, and is entirely and exclusively responsible for its funding decisions. The next deadline for applications for funding under the Event and Film Production Assistance Program (EFPAP) will be in early 2016 (exact date to be determined). The next deadline for submissions for the Main Television Production Assistance Program (MPAP) is October 1, 2015. For more information, see the guidelines on the Quebecor Fund website at www.quebecorfund.ca.
SOURCE QUEBECOR FUND
For further information:
Serge Thibaudeau, CEO, Quebecor Fund, 514 842-2497, firstname.lastname@example.org