OTTAWA, Sept. 10, 2015 /CNW/ - The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (the Agency) is conducting a federal environmental assessment of the proposed Akasaba West Copper-Gold Mine Project, located approximately 15 kilometres east of Val-d'Or, Quebec.
The Agency invites the public to comment on the potential environmental effects of the project and the proposed measures to prevent or mitigate those effects as described in the summary of the proponent's Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
This is the third of four opportunities for the public to comment on the federal environmental assessment of this project. All comments received will be considered public. Written comments must be submitted by October 13, 2015 to:
Akasaba West Copper-Gold Mine Project
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
901-1550 d'Estimauville Avenue
Québec, Quebec G1J 0C1
Projects subject to the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012 are assessed using a science-based approach.
- The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency is seeking public comments on the summary of the EIS for the proposed Akasaba West Copper-Gold Mine Project, located approximately 15 kilometres east of Val-d'Or, Quebec.
- The EIS summary and more information on this project are available on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry website, reference number 80090.
- A public comment period on the draft Environmental Assessment Report and the potential environmental assessment conditions will be announced at a later date.
- The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency administers the federal environmental assessment process, which identifies the environmental effects of proposed projects and measures to address those effects, in support of sustainable development.
- Akasaba West Copper-Gold Mine Project (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Basics of Environmental Assessment (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
Follow us on Twitter: @CEAA_ACEE
SOURCE Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
For further information: Karen Fish, Communications Advisor, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, 613-957-0278, Karen.Fish@ceaa-acee.gc.ca