According to Jeremy Diamond, Personal Injury firm, Diamond and Diamond, received calls reporting incidents during NBA finals
TORONTO, June 10, 2019 /CNW/ - In all the hype of The Toronto Raptors making their first NBA finals, a Toronto personal injury firm says fans should be extra diligent about their safety.
Tonight's Game 5, set to take place on home turf, could mean a championship trophy for the team.
"My brother in law Isaac, a partner at our firm, and I are huge Raptors fans and have been season ticket holders for the past six years," said Diamond. "As such, it's disappointing to hear reports from my staff that some have been injured during these well-intentioned celebrations."
Safety tips as provided by Diamond and Diamond:
- Drink alcohol within moderation. Excessive intoxication can lead to violence and irrational decision making.
- Do not climb onto cars or poles. These are both considered private property and you could be personally liable.
- Wear bright clothing at night to avoid the possibility of a collision with a motor vehicle.
- Stay alert and stay close to a companion. Bring a backup battery charger in case you get lost.
- If you see violent or destructive activity taking place report it. As a bystander you have a responsibility to help mitigate damage.
- Just like while driving, keep a safe distance between you and those around you.
- Do not engage with someone who is excessively intoxicated on both a physical or verbal level as their behaviour can be unpredictable.
- Avoid throwing any sort of projectile in any direction. The consequences from even a small object can be deadly.
"Split second decisions made during mob mentality can have far reaching implications on your life," said Diamond. "You could be personally liable for injuries, financially bankrupt yourself or end up in jail. Let's all aim to keep the spirit of sport one that is free from tragedy."
SOURCE: Diamond and Diamond Lawyers LLP
About Diamond and Diamond Lawyers:
-Family owned firm has grown from 1 office in Toronto to 20 locations in a mere 5 years, including offices in Vancouver and Edmonton
-Featured legal commentators on 30+ radio and television stations and print media
-Sponsorships with Canada's biggest sporting franchises (BC Lions, Calgary Flames, Ottawa Senators, as well as OHL teams across Ontario)
-2016 Leger Polling shows evidence of unparalleled brand awareness. Nearly 70% of GTA residents are aware of the firm with only 3% able to name a competitor
SOURCE Diamond and Diamond Lawyers LLP
For further information: To request an interview or for further information please contact: Jordan Whelan, Jordan@greysmokemedia.com