TORONTO, Sept. 18, 2019 /CNW/ - The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) today announced the agenda and preliminary list of speakers for Dialogue 2019: Regulation for Confidence and Growth. This year's event brings together financial industry leaders, senior regulators and investors to discuss collaborative strategies to drive efficiency and economic growth, while fostering market confidence.
Speakers will discuss the changing global economy, the impact of innovation, key market trends, and opportunities for Canadian businesses. Other topics of discussion include the future of securities regulation and streamlining regulation to reduce burden while benefiting investors.
The event will feature opening remarks by the Honourable Rod Phillips, Minister of Finance, Ontario, and a keynote discussion between OSC Chair and CEO Maureen Jensen and Stephen S. Poloz, Governor of the Bank of Canada. Governor Poloz will discuss his organization's approach to addressing emerging risks and maintaining a safe and effective financial system.
"As markets evolve, our focus is on adapting regulations to ensure Ontario businesses can thrive and investors are protected. Dialogue 2019 is an important forum for leaders, stakeholders, regulators and market participants to discuss the way forward," said Maureen Jensen.
Additional speakers include:
- Ashley Alder, Chief Executive Officer, Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong and Chair, IOSCO Board
- Cathie Armour, Commissioner, Australian Securities & Investments Commission
- Joe Brusuelas, Chief Economist, RSM US LLP
- Beata Caranci, Chief Economist and Senior Vice-President, TD Bank Group
- Robert W. Cook, President and Chief Executive Officer, FINRA
- Eric Lascelles, Chief Economist, RBC Global Asset Management Inc.
- Tim Moseley, Vice-Chair, OSC
- Elisabeth Roegele, Deputy President and Chief Executive Director Securities Supervision, Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin)
- Benjamin Tal, Deputy Chief Economist, CIBC Capital Markets
OSC Dialogue 2019 takes place on Thursday, November 21, 2019 and registration is now open. The event is expected to reach capacity, and attendees are therefore encouraged to register as soon as possible.
Media interested in attending should contact [email protected].
The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices, to foster fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in the capital markets, and to contribute to the stability of the financial system and the reduction of systemic risk. Investors are urged to check the registration of any persons or company offering an investment opportunity and to review the OSC investor materials available at http://www.osc.gov.on.ca.
SOURCE Ontario Securities Commission
For further information: For Media Inquiries: [email protected]; For Investor Inquiries: OSC Contact Centre, 416-593-8314, 1-877-785-1555 (Toll Free)