A fast, easy and fully remote solution for obtaining a mortgage pre-approval to help clients get one step closer to buying a new home
MONTREAL, Nov. 2, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - National Bank is pleased to give its Personal Banking clients the possibility of applying for mortgage loan pre-approval remotely, making their experience even faster, easier and more convenient.
Future homebuyers can apply for mortgage pre-approval online in just a few steps. If their application is accepted, they'll receive a certificate within two business days confirming the amount the Bank will lend them and the rate it is guaranteeing for 90 days. Future homebuyers can then use the certificate when making an offer on a home as proof of the Bank's commitment. It can give them a competitive advantage, particularly in situations of multiple offers.
This new mortgage solution is a whole new channel for Personal Banking clients who want to do business with the Bank remotely and enhances its existing service offering.
- Future homebuyers can apply for mortgage pre-approval online in just a few steps.
- If their application is accepted, clients receive a pre-approval certificate via email in less than two business days confirming the amount the Bank will lend them. The certificate can be a competitive advantage, particularly in situations of multiple offers.
- At clients' request, the financing conditions can be guaranteed for 90 days.
- Clients can stop anytime during the online process and go back to where they left off or continue with the help of a mortgage loan expert.
- National Bank is continuing its digital shift, and the launch of this new mortgage solution follows the rollout of the new transaction site for Personal Banking clients, the new nbc.ca website, the new my debit contactless debit card, Apple Pay and Android Pay digital wallet service and new ABMs.
"This new solution will considerably enhance National Bank's digital offering as well as future homebuyers' experience. It's fast, it's easy and clients can enjoy autonomy in the process or benefit from the support of one of our mortgage experts, at their convenience. Buying a home is a key moment in a client's life and we're here to make the process easier," stated Lucie Blanchet, Executive Vice-President – Personal Banking and Marketing at National Bank.
About National Bank of Canada
With $258 billion in assets as at July 31, 2018, National Bank of Canada, together with its subsidiaries, forms one of Canada's leading integrated financial groups. It has more than 23,000 employees in knowledge-intensive positions and has been recognized numerous times as a top employer and for its commitment to diversity. Its securities are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: NA). Follow the Bank's activities at nbc.ca or via social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
SOURCE National Bank of Canada
For further information: Jean-François Cadieux, Senior Manager - Public Affairs and Corporate Social Responsibility, National Bank, Tel.: 514-394-6500