MONTREAL, Jan. 31, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - National Bank employees and retirees exceeded last year's results by raising $3.64 million during the 41st edition of the United Way Centraide campaign. Over $19 million has been given to the organization over the past six years.
"I'm proud of the generosity of our employees who, thanks to their efforts and creativity, help us have a positive impact in people's lives year after year," said Louis Vachon, President and Chief Executive Officer of National Bank. "National Bank's philanthropic efforts are wide-ranging, which allow us to continue helping a large number of causes and groups in precarious situations. United Way Centraide does remarkable work in that sense and our employees support this wholeheartedly."
- This donation of $3.64 million includes contributions from thousands of National Bank employees and retirees across Canada, plus a corporate donation.
- The Bank's 41st United Way/Centraide campaign was led by four campaign co-governors:
- Jean-François Babin, Executive Vice-President & Managing Director - Co-Head of Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities
- Laurent Blanchard, Senior Vice-President - Remote Channels
- Mario Desautels, Senior Vice-President - Strategy, Solutions and Processes for Commercial Banking
- Nancy Paquet, Vice-President - Investment
- More than 200 Bank employees showed their creativity and commitment to the cause in many ways
- Teams participated in the United Way Centraide Cup (recreational and competitive categories)
- Employees' talents were engaged by organizing various fundraising activities such as
- Organizing a Holiday season market
- Holding a LinkedIn advice clinic and taking professional portraits for employees
- Organizing a workshop to help employees relax through laughing
About National Bank of Canada
With $262 billion in assets as at October 31, 2018, National Bank of Canada, together with its subsidiaries, forms one of Canada's leading integrated financial groups. It has more than 23,000 employees in knowledge-intensive positions and has been recognized numerous times as a top employer and for its commitment to diversity. Its securities are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: NA). Follow the Bank's activities at nbc.ca or via social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
SOURCE National Bank of Canada
For further information: Marie-Pierre Jodoin, Senior Manager, Public Affairs and Corporate Social Responsibility, National Bank of Canada, [email protected], Tel. : 514 394-4209