OTTAWA, Sept. 19, 2018 /CNW/ - The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, today announced the following appointments and reappointments. The appointees come from diverse backgrounds, with experience in a number of fields, and are active members of their communities. They bring a wide array of knowledge to the transportation portfolio.
Laurentian Pilotage Authority:
- Ms. Christiane Chabot (appointed as Member; term of three years);
- Ms. Sophie-Emmanuelle Chebin (appointed as Member; term of four years);
- Mr. George J. Pollack (appointed as Member; term of three years);
- Mr. Julius Spivack (reappointed as Vice-Chairperson; term of four years);
- Mr. Francesco Di Tomaso (reappointed as Member; term of two years); and
- Mr. Michel Tosini (reappointed as Member; term of three years).
Port Alberni Port Authority:
- Ms. Shelley Chrest (appointed as Director; term of three years).
Thunder Bay Port Authority:
- Ms. Bonny Skene (reappointed as Director; term of three years).
In making these appointments recommendations, ministers strive to reflect Canada's diversity and gender parity.
"I am pleased to announce that these highly qualified Canadians have agreed to serve in the transportation sector. Their appointments will ensure continued good governance."
The Honourable Marc Garneau
Minister of Transport
- The Minister of Transport is responsible for appointments to 55 portfolio organizations, which include:
- 9 Crown Corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 18 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
Order in Council – Ms. Christiane Chabot
Order in Council – Ms. Sophie-Emmanuelle Chebin
Order in Council – Mr. George J. Pollack
Order in Council – Mr. Julius Spivack
Order in Council – Mr. Francesco Di Tomaso
Order in Council – Mr. Michel Tosini
Order in Council – Ms. Shelley Chrest
Order in Council – Ms. Bonny Skene
This news release may be made available in alternative formats for persons living with visual disabilities.
SOURCE Transport Canada
For further information: Delphine Denis, Press Secretary, Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, Ottawa, [email protected], 613-991-0700; Media Relations, Transport Canada, Ottawa, [email protected], 613-993-0055