OTTAWA, May 28, 2018 /CNW/ - The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, today announced the following appointments and a reappointment. The appointees come from diverse backgrounds, with experience in a number of fields, and are active members of their communities. They bring a wide array of knowledge to the transportation portfolio.
Canadian Transportation Agency
- Mr. John Mark MacKeigan of Cornwall, Ontario, is appointed as a full-time member for a term of four years following an open, transparent and merit-based process.
Belledune Port Authority
- Ms. Iris Auclair-Bernard of Charlo, New Brunswick, is appointed as Director for a term of three years;
- Ms. Danika Keeley of Flatlands, New Brunswick, is appointed as Director for a term of three years; and
- Ms. Alberta Buttimer of Beresford, New Brunswick, is reappointed as Director for a term ending November 30, 2020.
In making these appointments recommendations, ministers strive to reflect Canada's diversity and gender parity.
"I am pleased to announce that these highly qualified Canadians have agreed to serve in the transportation sector. Their appointments, will ensure continued good governance."
The Honourable Marc Garneau,
Minister of Transport
- The Minister of Transport is responsible for appointments to 55 portfolio organizations, which include:
- 9 Crown Corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 18 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
This news release may be made available in alternative formats for persons living with visual disabilities.
SOURCE Transport Canada
For further information: Delphine Denis, Press Secretary, Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, Ottawa, [email protected], 613-991-0700; Media Relations, Transport Canada, Ottawa, [email protected], 613-993-0055