New flush-front design with our highest-resolution 300 ppi display and crisp, laser-quality text
Waterproof so you can read by the pool, in the bath, or at the beach
SEATTLE, Oct. 16, 2018 /CNW/ - (NASDAQ: AMZN)—Today, Amazon introduced the all-new reimagined Kindle Paperwhite, featuring a thinner and lighter design, sleek flush-front display, twice the storage and waterproofing so you can read comfortably anywhere. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite still includes features customers love about Kindle like a glare-free display and a battery life measured in weeks. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite is available for pre-order today for just $139.99 at http://www.amazon.ca/kindlepaperwhite and will start shipping November 7.
"Customers love the Kindle Paperwhite, and we're excited to bring premium features—like a thinner and lighter flush-front design, additional storage and waterproofing—to our most popular Kindle," said Kevin Keith, Vice President, Amazon Devices. "With the all-new Kindle Paperwhite, it's never been easier to get lost in a story no matter where you go."
Sleek, modern design
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite features a sleek, flush-front design and a back made of soft, grippable material so it rests easily in your hand. It is the thinnest and lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet, measuring 8.18mm thick and weighing 182g—less than half the weight of many paperback books—so extended reading sessions are even more comfortable.
The six-inch, high resolution 300 ppi display features crisp, laser-quality text that reads like real paper. It also includes five LEDs and an adjustable front light for a uniform, glare-free display in any setting—even direct sunlight.
The first waterproof Kindle Paperwhite
The most popular Kindle is now waterproof so you can read in even more places. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite is designed to withstand accidental drops in the bathtub, hot tub, pool, and ocean. Its IPX8 rated to protect against immersion in up to two meters of fresh water for up to 60 minutes.
2x the storage
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite comes with twice the storage so you can keep more content on your device. Available in 8 GB, which is twice the storage as the previous generation and can hold thousands of titles, and 32 GB for storing even more content with large file sizes.
Even more personalization
Kindle includes a variety of ways to tailor your experience so you can read your book your way. Today, we're introducing even more personalization features, including:
- An updated home—The new home experience makes it easier to find your next read based on your reading history, including books that are free for you to read from Kindle Unlimited.
- Easily personalize your reading—Now save multiple reading settings, selecting the font, boldness level, and orientation settings you prefer all from the main menu and quickly switch between those settings.
The updated home experience, as well as the ability to quickly save and access reading settings, will be delivered as a free, over-the-air update to the all-new Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Paperwhite Gen 6 (released in 2013) and newer devices in the coming weeks.
The features readers love about Kindle
By design, Kindle devices are purpose-built for reading so you can lose yourself in a book. Unlike tablets and phones, a Kindle has no glare, even in bright sunlight, and won't distract you with social media, emails, text messages, or notifications. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite includes features that have made the Kindle family the best devices for reading, enhancing the experience beyond a print book:
- Whispersync—Saves and synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks, and annotations from your Kindle eBooks across all of your Kindle devices and apps, so you can always pick up where you left off on any device, whether you're reading or listening.
- Goodreads—Kindle is integrated with the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations, with over 50 million members, 1.3 billion books added, and 47 million book reviews.
- X-Ray—Explore the "Bones of the Book"—see all of the passages across a book that mention relevant ideas, fictional characters, historical figures, places, or topics of interest.
- Word Wise—Available on many popular English language titles, Word Wise makes it easier to enjoy and quickly understand more challenging books. Short and simple definitions automatically appear above difficult words, so you can keep reading with fewer interruptions.
- Smart Lookup—Integrates a full dictionary definition with other reference information via X-Ray and Wikipedia.
World's Best eBook Store
Kindle e-readers come with instant access to the Kindle Store, which includes:
- Massive selection—Millions of books, including the latest best sellers, Kindle Singles, and more.
- Kindle Unlimited—Our premium reading subscription is a great choice for readers who want even more. Kindle Unlimited offers over one million books, kids' books and more—all for $9.99 a month after a 30-day free trial for eligible customers.
- Kindle exclusives—Over one million books are exclusive to the Kindle Store.
Pricing and Availability
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite is $139.99 for the 8 GB model and $169.99 for the 32 GB model. The 32 GB with free cellular connectivity is $239.99. All are available today for pre-order in Canada. Customers can also purchase a cover with a thin design that snaps perfectly onto the all-new Kindle Paperwhite. The cover opens like a book, automatically waking the device when opened and putting it to sleep when closed. Choose from three materials in a variety of colours: a premium leather cover for $79.99 in rustic; leather covers, all $49.99, in black, merlot, punch red, and indigo purple; and water-safe fabric covers, all $39.99, in charcoal black, canary yellow, and marine blue. Customers can learn more at www.amazon.ca/kindlepaperwhite.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
SOURCE Amazon Canada
For further information: Kristen Schaffrath, NATIONAL Public Relations, email@example.com, 416-848-1704