- Arrival of the first ocean-going vessel at the Port of Montreal in 2014
- 175th Gold-Headed Cane presentation ceremony
MONTREAL, Dec. 27, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - The Montreal Port Authority (MPA) will officially welcome the first ocean-going vessel to reach the Port of Montreal without a stopover in 2014.
To mark this occasion, media representatives are invited to the following two ceremonies:
- January 1st photo opportunity*. A delegation led by MPA President and Chief Executive Officer Ms. Sylvie Vachon will board the ship to extend a warm welcome and best wishes to the captain and crew. Specific details of where and when the delegation will board the ship will be communicated by CNW on January 1st.
- January 3rd at 11:00 a.m. Ms. Vachon will award the Gold-Headed Cane to the captain during an official ceremony that will be held at the Montreal Port Authority Building. This ceremony will mark the 175th anniversary of this great maritime world tradition, as well as the 50th anniversary of year-round navigation on the St. Lawrence River to Montreal.
The MPA President and CEO will be available for interviews after the ceremony.
|January 1, 2014*||WHAT||
|January 3, 2014||WHAT||
|WHERE|| Montreal Port Authority Building
2100 Pierre-Dupuy Avenue, Wing 1
Dominic J. Taddeo Room
|WHEN|| 11:00 a.m.
* The ship's arrival date can vary; please verify on CNW.
SOURCE: Montreal Port Authority
For further information:
Ms. Sophie Roux
Director of Communications
Montreal Port Authority
INFORMATION AND INTERVIEW REQUESTS: