OTTAWA, Sept. 21, 2015 /CNW/ - Despite the sharp decline in oil prices, the energy sector plays an important role, directly and indirectly, in the Canadian economy. This combined with the impact it has on the environment and society as a whole, highlights the need for responsible, well-informed dialogue on the range of issues flowing from the Canadian energy sector.
To that effect, The Conference Board of Canada will host a two day conference titled, Towards a Canadian Energy and Environment Strategy. The event will bring together leaders from across the full spectrum of the energy industry to discuss prospects, challenges and opportunities for Canada's energy sector. Notable speakers include:
- The Honourable Doug Black, Senator for Alberta, QC, Government of Canada
- Alison Redford, Former Premier, Government of Alberta
- Michael F. Harcourt, Former Premier of British Columbia and Chair Quest (Quality Urban Energy Systems of Tomorrow)
- Tzeporah Berman, Adjunct Professor, Faculty of Environmental Studies, York University
- Leigh Clarke, Senior Vice-President, External Engagement, BHE Canada and Conference Co-Chair
- Dr. Brenda Kenny, President and Chief Executive Officer, Canadian Energy Pipeline Association (CEPA) and Conference Co-Chair
- Philipe Benoit, Head of Energy Efficiency and Environment Division, International Energy Agency
- Peter Boag, President and Chief Executive Officer, Canadian Fuels Association
- Dawn Farrell, President and CEO, TransAlta Corporation
- Stephanie Trudeau, Vice-President, Strategy, Communication and Sustainability, Gaz Métro and
- Len Coad, Research Director, Public Policy, The Conference Board of Canada.
When: September 23 and 24, 2015
Where: Fairmont Château Laurier, 1 Rideau St, Ottawa, Drawing Room
Who: For the full list of speakers, schedule and times visit: http://www.conferenceboard.ca/conf/15-0111/agenda.aspx
Media Accreditation is required.
Follow the Summit on Twitter with the hashtag: #CBoCEnergy
Towards a Canadian Energy and Environment Strategy is sponsored by BHE Canada, TransAlta Corporation, RBC Capital Markets, and the Canadian Energy Pipeline Association.
SOURCE Conference Board of Canada
For further information: or media accreditation, contact: Yvonne Squires, Media Relations, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 221, E-mail: [email protected] or Sean Burgess, Communications Coordinator, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 294, E-mail: [email protected]