MARKHAM, ON, March 28, 2016 /CNW/ - Since 2014, more than 200 low-income 18-29-year old youth have begun meaningful IT careers through NPower Canada's free technical and professional training, job placement and post-hire support.
In September 2016, funded by United Way's Career Navigator Initiative, NPower Canada expanded to York Region opening a second program delivery site at the 105 Gibson Centre in Markham.
Join NPower Canada as we celebrate the accomplishments of the 44 graduates who have begun IT careers at more than 15 different organizations in roles including Application Technical Support, Data Integrity Agent, IT Field Service Technician, QA Technician, Technical Support Representative and more.
NPower Canada was incubated in Toronto by CivicAction, Accenture, CIBC, Cisco, the Michael "Pinball Clemons" Foundation, RBC, Ryerson University, TD, Virgin Mobile, and the United Way of Toronto and York Region.
Date: Wednesday, March 29th, 2017
Time: 5:30-8:30 pm with graduation ceremony at 6:00 pm
Location: 105 Gibson Centre (105 Gibson Drive in Markham)
- Julia Blackburn, Executive Director, NPower Canada
- Daniele Zanotti, President & CEO, United Way Toronto & York Region
- Jonathan Chan, Managing Director, 105 Gibson Centre
- Karishma Patel, Graduation Host, NPower Canada Alumna and Solutions Developer, TD Bank
- Hassan Muhammad, NPower Canada Graduate and Customer Service Representative, IBM
For further information: For more information or to RSVP, contact: Carly Dwyer, Marketing and Communications Manager, [email protected], 416-254-7387