MONTREAL, April 29, 2015 /CNW/ -
WHAT: Ericsson will host a ground-breaking ceremony for its new Montreal-based Research and Development (R&D) and Services Centre.
WHY: Ericsson will relocate its Montreal-based R&D and Services Centre to a new site located on Poirier Street, fronting on the Trans-Canada Highway, in the City of Montreal, Borough of Saint‑Laurent. The facility will house the company's more than 1700 employees with the move expected to be completed in early 2017. The new Montreal office will provide Ericsson with an efficient and state-of-the-art space to effectively support business needs in Montreal well into the future.
WHO: Ericsson Executives and Guests
VIPS IN ATTENDANCE:
- His Worship Alan DeSousa, Mayor, Borough of Saint-Laurent
- Mark Henderson, President, Ericsson Canada
- Maria Elena Carbajal, Vice President, Solution Area, Global ICT Centres, Test Environments & Cloud, as well as Montreal site leader
- Graham Osborne, Vice President, Global ICT Centres
- Dario Montoni, President, Group Montoni division construction
WHEN: May 6, 2015 from 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm
WHERE: New Ericsson R&D and Services Centre site location, Poirier Street fronting on the Trans-Canada Highway, in the City of Montreal, Borough of Saint-Laurent. Site entrance is located off of rue Cohen.
MEDIA PHOTO OPPORTUNITY: Ground breaking ceremony with Ericsson executives and local government at 1:30 pm
ADDITIONAL KEY FACTS:
- Ericsson Montreal-based R&D and Services Centre.
- Supported by a workforce of over 1700
- Grand opening: First half 2017
- Construction over next two years (2015-2017)
- Office building details: 2 towers, one 5 storeys, the other 3 storeys
- Total building area: Approximately 265 000 square feet
- Multi-level vehicle parking facility
SOURCE Ericsson Canada
For further information: MEDIA CONTACT: Patricia MacLean, Ericsson Canada Inc., Phone: +1 416 414 7755, E-mail: email@example.com