TORONTO, June 3, 2014 /CNW/ - Mazda Canada announced sales for May 2014 today totaling 7,900, which is an increase of 14% compared to May 2013.
Sales in May were led by the compact Mazda3 with 4,603 sold. 98% of all Mazda3s sold in May were equipped with the fuel-efficient SKYACTIV Technology, which also accounted for 87% of all Mazda vehicles sold in the month of May.
The CX-5 once again increased its sales pace, surpassing the 2,000 mark for the first time, marking the best-ever sales month on record. Sales for the month were 2,015 units, representing an increase of 9% versus May 2013 and 12% year-to-date.
"The CX-5 continues to grow in popularity along with the compact crossover segment, which is still one of the fastest growing segments in Canada," said Clark Colby, Director, Sales, Mazda Canada. "The CX-5 has all of the right attributes to appeal to this consumer set that wants a vehicle that provides practical utility, bold design, impressive fuel economy, and great value with no compromises."
- Record month for CX-5 with 2,015 units sold in May; up 9%
- CX-9 sales jumped 70% compared to May 2013, best May sales since 2009
- Mazda3 sales increased 15% versus May 2013, up 6% YTD
- Mazda5 sales spiked by 128% year-over-year
- Mazda6 sales are up 14% compared to May 2013
- SKYACTIV Technology vehicles accounted for 87% of all sales in May
About Mazda Canada Inc.
Mazda Canada Inc. is responsible for the sales and marketing, customer service and parts support of Mazda vehicles in Canada. Headquartered in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Mazda Canada has a nationwide network of 165 dealerships. For additional information visit Mazda Canada's media website at www.media.mazda.ca
SOURCE: Mazda Canada Inc.
For further information:
Sandra Lemaitre, National Manager, Public Relations
(905) 787-7167; slemait[email protected]