LOTTO MAX skyrockets to $60 million plus 50 $1 million MAXMILLIONS prizes
TORONTO, May 31, 2018 /CNW/ - What a week! LOTTO MAX has officially smashed its own record just one week after setting it. This Friday's LOTTO MAX jackpot is an estimated $60 million plus an estimated 50 additional and separate MAXMILLIONS prizes worth $1 million each. That's 51 chances to win a prize of $1 million or more with just one ticket.
"This is not only the biggest prize offering in LOTTO MAX history but the biggest prize offering for any single lottery draw in Canadian history," says Randy Weyersberg, OLG Vice-President of Marketing and Planning. "It's an exciting time for LOTTO MAX players – from our regular weekly players to those that jump on the jackpot bandwagon to the first-timers that are inspired to dream bigger!"
Ontarians have a LOTTO love for LOTTO MAX!
- The bigger the better: A large jackpot motivates 62% of LOTTO MAX players to buy a ticket.
- Creatures of habit: 44% of players play LOTTO MAX regularly.
- If I had a million dollars: 27% of LOTTO MAX players are motivated to buy a ticket when the MAXMILLIONS $1 million prizes are up for grabs.
- Making millionaires: Last week there were 26 winning MAXMILLIONS tickets sold across the country; 11 of those were sold in Ontario.
- Freebies: There were over 2 million Free Play winners from the May 25, 2018 LOTTO MAX jackpot. These winners are automatically entered in this Friday's record-smashing draw!
- The road to greatness: LOTTO MAX has rolled for 9 weeks to reach this record-breaking amount.
Since its launch in September 2009, Ontario LOTTO MAX players have won over $4.2 billion, including 57 jackpot wins and 412 MAXMILLIONS prizes, right across the province.
For each $5 play, LOTTO MAX players receive three sets of seven numbers ranging from one to forty-nine. Players must match all seven numbers, in any one set, to win the jackpot or the MAXMILLIONS prizes.
Players can purchase tickets at authorized OLG retailers or buy online at PlayOLG.ca until 10:30 p.m. ET on Friday, June 1, 2018 for the draw that evening.
OLG is the Ontario government agency that delivers gaming entertainment in a socially responsible manner. OLG conducts and manages gaming facilities, the sale of province-wide lottery games, PlayOLG Internet gaming, the delivery of bingo and other electronic gaming products at Charitable Gaming Centres and is helping to build a more sustainable horse racing industry in Ontario. Since 1975, OLG has provided nearly $47 billion to the Province and the people of Ontario. These payments to the province support the operation of hospitals, amateur sport through the Quest for Gold program, local and provincial charities and problem gambling prevention, treatment and research.
All for Here - 100 per cent of OLG's proceeds are invested in Ontario
Follow on Twitter @OLGtoday
Knowledge you can bet on.
Follow on Twitter @PlaySmartOLG
THE ONTARIO PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE 1-888-230-3505
Disponible en français
Click here if you wish to unsubscribe from these emails.
SOURCE OLG Winners
For further information: OLG MEDIA RELATIONS, 1-888-946-6716