LG G5 to Launch in Canada April 8
TORONTO, March 8, 2016 /CNW/ - LG Electronics' highly anticipated LG G5 will be available in Canada April 8, 2016. Since its global unveiling at Mobile World Congress in February, where the LG G5 was the most honoured device at the show, it has been widely praised and awarded for its Slide out Battery and Modular Type design. This gives the user a greater, and more flexible, smartphone experience.
"The LG G5 is a game-changer for the mobile space in Canada," said Valerie Malone, Director of Marketing, LG Electronics Canada. "The fact that Canadians will also be able to purchase LG Friends, or companion devices, means they will be able to expand the capabilities of their G5 to capture more content, including 360-degree photos and videos."
The LG G5 will be available at all major carriers including Bell, Eastlink, Fido, MTS, Rogers, SaskTel, TELUS, Videotron and WIND Mobile. The following retailers will also carry the LG G5 at launch; Best Buy, Tbooth wireless, The Source, Costco, and WIRELESSWAVE.
"We are absolutely thrilled at the response from our carrier partners," said Ross Snow, VP, Mobile Communications Sales, LG Electronics Canada. "We're working on some really interesting promotions. For example, customers who purchase the LG G5 on pre-order will receive a bonus offer at participating carriers."
Product highlights of the LG G5 include:
- All metal aluminum body and Slide-out Battery to easily swap out a depleted battery or attach select LG Friends
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 capable (2.0 adapter included)
- Dual lens rear camera lets you choose between a standard or a 135 degree wide angle lens to capture more
- Always-on Display makes notifications just a glance away without waking the G5
- Excellent battery life, thanks to the Low Power Location Estimation technology, enhancing battery efficiency by as much as 41.9 per cent
- aptX HD: 24-bit Hi-Fi Wireless Audio
- Expandable memory through microSD card slot (can support up to 2TB)
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820 Processor
- Display: 5.3-inch Quad HD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440 / 554ppi)
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 32GB UFS ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Rear: Standard 16MP, Wide 8MP / Front: 8MP
- Battery: 2,800mAh (removable)
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Size: 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 159g
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / USB Type-C / NFC / Bluetooth 4.2
- Colours: Silver / Titan / Pink
Additional information about LG Friends availability and timing will be announced at a later date*. LG G5 pricing to be determined by carriers.
Accessories/Friends sold separately. Availability will vary by carrier/retailer.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a global leader and trend setter in the mobile and wearable industry with breakthrough technologies and innovative designs. By continually developing highly competitive core technologies in the areas of display, battery, camera optics and LTE technology, LG creates handsets and wearables that fit the lifestyles of a wide range of people all over the world. While helping to enhance the mobile user experience by incorporating unique, sophisticated designs and intuitive UX features, LG is also committed to guiding consumers into the era of convergence and Internet of Things, maximizing inter-device connectivity between a wide range of smartphones, tablets, wearables, home and portable electronics products. For more information, please visit www.LG.com.
About LG Electronics Canada
The LG brand was established in 1995. The company is a global leader in electronics, information and communications products, with more than 117 operations around the world, and annual worldwide revenues of more than US $49 billion. LG Canada is comprised of five business units - Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Home Entertainment, Business Solutions and Commercial Air Conditioning. The company has offices in Toronto and Vancouver. LG Canada is focused on delivering award-winning products known for blending style and technology. These innovative products include cell phones, flat screen TVs, laptop computers and home appliances. For more information please visit www.LG.com
SOURCE LG Electronics Canada
Image with caption: "LG G5 to Launch in Canada April 8 (CNW Group/LG Electronics Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160308_C2303_PHOTO_EN_638010.jpg
Image with caption: "LG's First Modular Smartphone to Hit the Canadian Market (CNW Group/LG Electronics Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160308_C2303_PHOTO_EN_638012.jpg
For further information: Media Contacts: Albert Lee, LG Canada, C: 647.534.6996, [email protected]; Lisa Yerilin, LG-One Canada, P: 416-486-2563 | C: 647.461.1049, [email protected]; LG.com, @LGCanada