The all-new Fire HD 8 offers a stunning 8-inch HD display with over 1 million pixels, a quad-core processor, 16 GB of internal storage with support for up to 400 GB more via microSD, and up to 10 hours of mixed use battery life—only $99.99
SEATTLE, Sept. 6, 2018 /CNW/ - (NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon Canada today announced the next generation Fire HD 8 tablet. With up to 10 hours of mixed use battery life, the all-new Fire HD 8 offers a stunning 8-inch HD display with over 1 million pixels, a quad-core processor, and 16 GB of internal storage with support for up to 400 GB more—only $99.99. The all-new Fire HD 8 is available for pre-order today at www.amazon.ca/firehd8.
"We believe customers should get more out of their tablets, and not be expected to pay a premium for an incredible entertainment experience," said Kevin Keith, Vice President, Amazon Devices. "The Fire HD 8 features a beautiful HD display, a fast quad-core processor, all-day battery life, and more expandable storage for downloading books, movies, games, TV shows, and apps to enjoy—and still only $99.99."
The all-new Fire HD 8 includes:
- Beautiful display—Vibrant 8-inch widescreen 1280 x 800 high definition display with over a million pixels and bright, vivid picture.
- Fast performance—Quad-core 1.3 GHz processor and 1.5GB of RAM to quickly and easily switch between apps, stream movies, and browse the web.
- All-day battery life—Up to 10 hours of reading, listening to music, watching TV shows or movies, browsing the web, and more.
- More expandable storage—16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage, plus support for up to 400 GB more via expandable storage. Now you can install apps to the microSD card so you can enjoy even more entertainment while on the go.
- Front- and rear-facing cameras—Video chat with friends and family with the HD 720p front-facing camera and take photos with the 2MP rear-facing camera.
- Durability—As measured in tumble tests, Fire HD 8 is 2x as durable as the iPad mini 4.
- Dolby Atmos Audio—Dual stereo speakers optimized for Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Atmos for enhanced realism and dynamic range.
- Fast Wi-Fi connectivity—Dual-band Wi-Fi support for seamless video streaming.
- Amazon-exclusive features—ASAP, For You, X-Ray, Second Screen, Blue Shade, Prime Video downloads, and more.
- World's best content selection—Enjoy millions of books, apps, and games, as well as over a million songs, movies, and TV shows through Prime Music and Prime Video—with free, unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content.
- Screen Sharing—Let an Amazon expert guide you remotely through any feature on your screen, available 24x7, 365 days a year—for free.
Even Better with Prime
Fire tablet customers that are Prime members have access to millions of movies, TV episodes, songs, books, and much more included as part of their member benefits. Over 100 million paid members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including shopping and entertainment. In Canada, that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video, access to over one million songs on Prime Music, unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos, Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, and more. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in Toronto and Vancouver, Prime FREE One-Day Delivery in select cities, and unlimited FREE Two-Day shipping on millions of items. Eligible customers can start a free trial of Amazon Prime at amazon.ca/prime.
The all-new Fire HD 8 is available for pre-order beginning today starting at $99.99. Fire HD 8 will begin shipping on October 4; order the new Fire HD 8 today at www.amazon.ca/firehd8.
Fire HD 8 tablet cases are also available in several colours and can stand in both landscape and portrait orientations—only $39.99.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
SOURCE Amazon Canada
For further information: Kristen Schaffrath, NATIONAL Public Relations, T 416-848-1704, email@example.com