- Toyota Prius and Prius Prime sales help set a June hybrid sales record
- Lexus reports record June, led by strong RX and NX sales
TORONTO, July 4, 2018 /CNW/ - Canadians are continuing to turn to electrified vehicles, according to Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI). The company continued to experience record hybrid vehicle sales in June, with 2,496 units sold last month, up 5.5% compared to 2017.
Strong sales of Prius (up 28.3%), including Prius Prime Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (413 units), contributed to a best June ever for TCI electrified vehicle sales.
Overall, TCI sold a total of 23,289 vehicles, down 0.6% compared to 2017, with the Toyota division reporting a total of 20,833 units, down 1.1% compared to last year.
Lexus reports record June sales
More Canadians are also turning to sophistication and performance this summer. Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI)'s Lexus luxury division reported record June sales of 2,456 units, up 3.5% compared to June 2017.
The Canadian-made Lexus RX and the Lexus NX helped boost the luxury brand to a new monthly record, with 983 RX units sold, up 18.1%, and 824 NX units sold, up 17.9% compared to last June.
Additional June Highlights
- TCI hybrid sales of 2,496 units, up 5.5% (New June Record)
- Prius sales of 685 units, up 28.3%
- Includes Prius Prime sales of 413 units
- RAV4 hybrid sales of 727 units, up 12% (New June Record)
- Camry sales of 1,654 units, up 24.9%
- TCI truck sales of 14,069 units, up 2.3% (New June Record)
- 4Runner sales of 866 units, up 30.8% (New June Record)
- Tundra sales of 1,112 units, up 37.1% (New June Record)
- NX sales of 824 units, up 17.9% (New June Record)
- RX sales of 983 units, up 18.1% (New June Record)
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over 5 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI's head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than eight million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.
For further information: For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.