- Three-year renewal to expand and upgrade Eastlink's LTE and HSPA radio and evolved packet core networks
- Ericsson is Eastlink's exclusive supplier for radio access network equipment
- Ericsson also supplies the evolved packet core network which is migrating to Ericsson's SSR 8000 based solution
- Eastlink customers will have access to advanced services through a leading-edge network
TORONTO, Dec. 17, 2015 /CNW/ - Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) has renewed its agreement with Eastlink, Canada's largest privately-held telecommunications provider, to expand and upgrade their LTE and HSPA networks. The agreement is an extension of the two companies' current contract. Eastlink will continue utilizing Ericsson Evolved Packet Core equipment and Ericsson will remain as Eastlink's exclusive supplier for radio access network equipment for an additional three years.
Building on its commitment to provide world-class communications and entertainment services to its customers, this renewed agreement enables Eastlink to continue to provide a full suite of advanced services to a wider customer base including bundling options with TV, Internet and fixed telephony services.
Matthew MacLellan, President, Eastlink Wireless says: "We're very pleased to continue our partnership with Ericsson as we continue to expand and advance our award-winning, 100% LTE network."
Graham Osborne, Head of Ericsson Canada, says: "Ericsson is pleased to support Eastlink in expanding its wireless network and enabling the delivery of enhanced customer experiences. This agreement also confirms Ericsson's leadership in wireless as well as our ongoing strategic agreement with Eastlink."
The LTE and HSPA expansion will be deployed by implementing the following solutions:
- RBS 6000 portfolio Radio products.
- The Ericsson SSR 8000 family of Smart Services Routers - provides operators with a highly scalable, consolidated platform that offers services for both fixed and mobile network infrastructure. It offers services such as IP/MPLS edge routing and Evolved Packet Gateway functionalities.
- The SSR 8000 routers enable complete network convergence so subscribers can access services from any devices or locations.
Ericsson is present today in all high-traffic LTE markets including the US, Japan and South Korea, and is ranked first for handling the most global LTE traffic – twice as much mobile traffic as the closest competitor. Ericsson is number one in LTE market share within the world's top 100 cities. More than 230 LTE RAN and Evolved Packet Core networks have been delivered worldwide, of which 170 are live commercially.
NOTES TO EDITORS
For media kits, backgrounders and high-resolution photos, please visit www.ericsson.com/press
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society – a world leader in communications technology and services. Our long-term relationships with every major telecom operator in the world allow people, business and society to fulfill their potential and create a more sustainable future.
Our services, software and infrastructure – especially in mobility, broadband and the cloud – are enabling the telecom industry and other sectors to do better business, increase efficiency, improve the user experience and capture new opportunities.
With approximately 115,000 professionals and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. Forty percent of the world's mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our investments in research and development ensure that our solutions – and our customers – stay in front.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
SOURCE Ericsson Canada
For further information: Ericsson Media Relations - Canada, Patricia MacLean, Phone: +1 416 414 7755, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Ericsson Investor Relations, Phone: +46 10 719 00 00, E-mail: email@example.com