EDMONTON, Jan. 28, 2013 /CNW/ - EPCOR Utilities Inc. (EPCOR) announced it will restructure its corporate senior management team and related corporate functions to streamline the delivery of support services and improve the efficiency of the oversight it provides to its electricity transmission and distribution and water and wastewater lines of business.
"One of the keys to EPCOR's success is our ability to continually adapt to changing business conditions and look for more cost-effective ways to serve our customers and shareholder. I believe this process combined with these organizational changes will establish a strong foundation for the next chapter in the continuing story of EPCOR"s growth. I want to thank my senior management team for their collaboration and resolve in moving us forward," said Don Lowry, CEO. Key management changes arising from these actions are as follows:
- Mark Wiltzen, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, after 17 years of service and tremendous contributions to the company's success, will be retiring at the beginning of May, 2013.
- Effective February 1, 2013:
- Guy Bridgeman is appointed to the new role of Senior Vice President, Finance, Planning and Development. This new position will consolidate the corporate finance, treasury, strategic planning, corporate development, internal audit and risk management functions within EPCOR. External reporting and disclosure responsibilities of the Chief Financial Officer will transfer to Guy Bridgeman following the retirement of Mark Wiltzen.
- Ron Liteplo will assume the new role of Senior Vice President, Corporate Services. This position continues to oversee legal services and public and government affairs and expands to include human resources currently led by Bob Petryk, SVP Human Resources, and the delivery of business services and the position of CIO currently held by Wray Steedsman, SVP Business Services and CIO.
- Bob Petryk will assume the role of Senior Vice President Commercial Services. This new business unit will be responsible for the operation and growth of the unregulated commercial initiatives outside of the Distribution and Transmission and Water business units.
- Wray Steedsman will assume the role of Divisional Vice President, Technologies, reporting to Bob Petryk. EPCOR Technologies continues to grow its business by successfully winning competitive bids for the maintenance, operation and construction of light rail transit, traffic and street lighting.
- Steve Stanley, Senior Vice-President, Water Services Canada, Doreen Cole, Senior Vice-President, Electricity Services, and Joe Gysel, President, EPCOR Water (USA) continue in their current roles, but consistent with the restructuring will take on additional responsibility and accountability for regulatory, operational communications, human resources, supply chain, and health safety and environment within their lines of business.
Certain information in this news release is forward-looking within the meaning of Canadian securities laws as it relates to anticipated financial performance, events or strategies. When used in this context, words such as "will", "anticipate", "believe", "plan", "intend", "target", and "expect" or similar words suggest future outcomes. The purpose of forward-looking information is to provide investors with management's assessment of future plans and possible outcomes and may not be appropriate for other purposes. Forward-looking information in this news release includes expectations for the corporate restructuring and how it may benefit the Company in the future.
These statements are based on the assumptions and analyses made by the Company in light of its experience and perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments and other factors it believes are appropriate. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements as actual results could differ materially from the plans, expectations, estimates or intentions expressed in the forward-looking statements. Except as required by law, EPCOR disclaims any intention and assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement even if new information becomes available, as a result of future events or for any other reason.
About EPCOR Utilities Inc.
EPCOR's wholly owned subsidiaries build, own and operate electrical transmission and distribution networks, water and wastewater treatment facilities and infrastructure in Canada and the United States. EPCOR, headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, is an Alberta Top 55 employer. EPCOR's website is www.epcor.com
SOURCE: Epcor Utilities Inc.
For further information:
Ron Liteplo, Senior Vice President, Corporate Services
EPCOR Utilities Inc.