OTTAWA, Dec 3, 2015 /CNW/ - The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (the Agency) must decide whether a federal environmental assessment is required for the proposed Énergie Saguenay Project, located in the borough of La Baie, in Saguenay, Quebec.
To assist it in making its decision, the Agency is seeking comments from the public on the project and its potential effects on the environment. All comments received will be considered public.
Written comments must be submitted by December 23, 2015 to:
Énergie Saguenay Project
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
901-1550 d'Estimauville Avenue
Québec, QC G1J 0C1
- The Agency is seeking public comments on the summary of the project description for the proposed Énergie Saguenay Project.
- As a next step, the Agency will post a decision on its website stating whether an environmental assessment is required. If one is required, the public will have three more opportunities to comment on the project.
- More information on this project is available on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry website, reference number 80115.
- The Agency administers the federal environmental assessment process, which identifies the environmental effects of proposed projects and measures to address those effects, in support of sustainable development.
- Énergie Saguenay Project (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Basics of Environmental Assessment (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
Follow us on Twitter: @CEAA_ACEE
SOURCE Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
For further information: Karen Fish, Communications Advisor, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, 613-957-0278, [email protected]