MONTREAL, Dec. 22, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - It's the season for merry-making, and alcohol is usually at hand. Happy hours and cocktail parties, family dinners, New Year's celebrations… there's no shortage of opportunities to raise your glass. In fact, alcohol sales are highest at this time of year.
If you're looking for some interesting input, Hubert Sacy, Director General of Éduc'alcool, is available for interviews on the subject from December 22 through December 31.
Mr. Sacy can discuss alcohol and drinking from various angles:
- Tips to keep guests from drinking too much: e.g. don't serve overly greasy, salty or sweet foods, which make people thirsty, and offer a last round of water and coffee an hour before the party ends.
- Guide to Successful Entertaining: the latest free tool from Éduc'alcool to help ensure a successful event. Among other things, the guide includes information on a host's legal liability, helpful tips and advice, and recipes for non-alcoholic cocktails.
- Definition of a standard drink: Did you know that a pint of beer is not one drink? It's actually a drink and a half.
- Tools to monitor your drinking: the Calcoholator and Drink Dashboard.
- Mornings after: How to avoid them and how to deal with them.
- Drinking and driving: Your faculties can be affected as much as 24 hours after you drink. Find out more!
- The short-term and long-term effects of excessive drinking.
- Any other topic related to drinking and its impact.
For further information: and interviews: Marie-Pier Côté, Cell: 418 999-4847, firstname.lastname@example.org