– E! delivers can't-miss star-studded moments with COUNTDOWN TO THE RED CARPET and LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET (Sept. 20); plus, FASHION POLICE: THE 2015 PRIMETIME EMMY® AWARDS (Sept. 21) critiques Emmy fashion hits and misses –
– ETALK delivers exclusive and unparalleled pre and post-award show coverage to Canadians with access to the hottest parties and A-list interviews from the EMMY® red carpet in Hollywood, Sept. 18 and 21 on CTV –
– Jaimie Alexander, James Corden, Rob Lowe, Liev Schreiber, Amy Poehler, Jimmy Kimmel, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and more announced as presenters –
– CTV.ca/Emmys home to EMMY content including video highlights posted throughout live broadcast –
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1iSnCEt
TORONTO, Sept. 17, 2015 /CNW/ - Television's biggest night returns as the 67th EMMY® AWARDS airs live across the country this Sunday, Sept. 20 at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT exclusively on CTV and CTV GO (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times). Hosted by EMMY® Award-winning actor and comedian Andy Samberg, live from the Microsoft Theatre in Los Angeles, the award ceremony honours the best in primetime television programming. From pre-award show hype including winner predictions and more EMMY-buzz on ETALK this week, to all the red carpet fashions leading into the broadcast, EMMY recaps, and post-EMMY bashes, E! and ETALK bring Canadians extensive, multi-platform coverage of television's most highly anticipated night.
Entertainers confirmed to present at the 67th EMMY® AWARDS telecast include: Jaimie Alexander from CTV's BLINDSPOT, James Corden (THE LATE LATE SHOW), Jimmy Kimmel (JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE!), and Liev Schreiber (RAY DONOVAN), as well as EMMY-nominated stars Amy Poehler, Jamie Lee Curtis, Anthony Anderson, Will Forte, Maggie Gyllenhaal, LL Cool J, and more. The 67th EMMY AWARDS is produced by Don Mischer Productions.
**Media Note** – Photography for the 67TH EMMY AWARDS is available online at BellMediaPR.ca.
Fans can engage with the 67th EMMY AWARDS in a number of ways:
- Viewers can prepare for television's most-anticipated night by visiting CTV.ca/Emmys – the online destination for the latest news about the 67TH EMMY AWARDS. Featuring a complete list of nominees and ETALK interviews with some of this year's nominated stars, the site will also be home to video highlights from the show post-broadcast, as well as house the complete winners list.
- The full award show will also be available online the day after its television broadcast on CTV.
Before the 67TH EMMY AWARDS begins on Sunday (Sept. 20), veteran E! Hosts Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic welcome the biggest names in Hollywood on the EMMY red carpet, delivering one-on-one interviews and a first look at all the trendsetting fashion in two exclusive specials airing on E!:
- The ultimate destination for red carpet coverage, first up is E!'s COUNTDOWN TO THE RED CARPET (4:30 p.m. ET) hosted by Giuliana Rancic and Brad Goreski, with celebrity correspondent Olivia Culpo, and fashion maven Zanna Roberts Rassi providing viewers all the scoop they need to know about television's biggest night of the year. From the nominees, to the biggest snubs of the year, likely winners, expected fashion, and more, E! gets viewers prepped for the big event.
- The countdown is followed by E!'s LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET (6 p.m. ET) special, which provides viewers a front-row seat, as the hottest stars in film and television walk the EMMY red carpet, and chat with hosts Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic. Additionally, Ross Mathews and Christina Milian comment on all of the action from the E! Skybox, giving viewers an exclusive bird's-eye view of all the fashion.
Post-Awards Coverage on Monday, Sept. 21
- CTV's CANADA AM (7:40 a.m. ET) delivers an EMMY's recap, featuring award show highlights from ETALK in Los Angeles.
- CP24 BREAKFAST (5–9 a.m. ET) revisits must-see moments and EMMY highlights all morning long, including a live ETALK recap from Los Angeles (7:20 a.m. ET).
- Host Marilyn Denis alongside ETALK Reporter Liz Trinnear and Fashion Stylist Peter Papapetrou dissect EMMY red carpet fashions on CTV's THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW (10 a.m. ET).
- CTV's THE SOCIAL (1 p.m. ET) features an extended conversation about the 67th Emmy Awards, with the co-hosts dishing the dirt on their personal hits and misses from the red carpet, and the standout moments from the evening.
- CTV's ETALK (7 p.m. ET/PT) recaps EMMY night, featuring must-see moments and exclusive one-on-one interviews from the 67th EMMY AWARDS red carpet outside the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. Canada's #1 entertainment show also delivers star-studded arrivals and reactions from the night at the HBO after-party.
- Post-EMMY coverage continues on E! as well, as co-hosts Melissa Rivers, Giuliana Rancic, and Brad Goreski bring viewers hilarious and honest critiques of the best, brave, and down-right bogus fashion choices of the night in E!'s EMMY edition of FASHION POLICE (9 p.m. ET).
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Hosted by Anchor Ben Mulroney, with Co-Anchor Danielle Graham, Senior Correspondents Lainey Lui and Traci Melchor, Senior Reporter Devon Soltendieck, Reporter Liz Trinnear, and L.A. Correspondent Jessi Cruickshank, ETALK is the #1 most-watched entertainment newsmagazine in Canada. From the OSCARS® and the EMMY® Awards, to the GOLDEN GLOBE®, and JUNO Awards, ETALK is front-and-centre, delivering up-to-the-minute news in film, television, music, and more. Celebrating both home-grown talent and international stars, ETALK became the first daily Canadian entertainment newsmagazine when it launched in 2002. ETALK is produced by Bell Media Production, and Morley Nirenberg is Director of Production and Executive Producer. Nanci MacLean is Vice-President, Bell Media Production. Mike Cosentino is Head, Programming, CTV Networks and CraveTV. Randy Lennox is President, Entertainment Production and Broadcasting, Bell Media. More information about ETALK can be found at etalk.ca, as well as on Facebook and @etalkCTV.
E! is television's top global destination for all things pop culture. The network is currently available to 6.5 million cable and satellite subscribers across Canada. E! content is available anytime and anywhere, including eonline.ca, @EOnlineCanada, Facebook and other emerging platforms. The pulse of pop culture, E! features a variety of programming including hit reality series, fascinating profiles of the world's biggest stars, up-to-the-minute entertainment news, witty talk series, and the best live red carpet coverage from Canada and around the world. E! is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company.
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 13 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.