MONTREAL, July 5, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - The Old Port of Montreal, in collaboration with Maritime Heritage Canada, presents eight magical nights on which to discover the sea and her secrets. Featuring maritime-themed films, these free movie screenings start this Thursday July 5 at nightfall on the Carré St-Laurent esplanade, next to the Montréal Science Centre, in the Old Port of Montreal.
Film and outdoor enthusiasts, bring your chairs and enjoy the maritime-themed programming at 9 p.m. every Thursday night until August 23.
Relive great cinematic moments starting with U-571, a 2000 American film directed by Jonathan Mostow. This suspense film tells the story of the capturing of a German submarine by the US Navy. The film is presented in its original English version with French subtitles. The Ciné-Maritime screenings begin at nightfall under the stars.
- Thursday July 12: Mutiny on the Bounty, English with French subtitles
- Thursday July 19: Master and Commander, English with French subtitles
- Thursday July 26: Crimson Tide, English with French subtitles
- Thursday August 2: Das Boot, English with French subtitles
- Thursday August 9: The Poseidon Adventure, French with English subtitles
- Thursday August 16: Hunt for the Red October, English with French subtitles
- Thursday August 23: Jaws, English with French subtitles
For further info http://www.vieuxportdemontreal.com/cine-maritime.html
About the Old Port of Montréal Corporation
The Old Port of Montréal Corporation is a business corporation created by the Government of Canada in November 1981. As the manager of the Quays of the Old Port of Montréal and the Montréal Science Centre, the Old Port of Montréal Corporation participates actively in Montréal's economic development by creating high-quality culture, tourism and recreation products.
For further information:
Source: Old Port of Montréal Corporation
Office: 514 283-8085 or