Award marks the bank's third consecutive year as an industry leader in workplace excellence
TORONTO, Nov. 4, 2014 /CNW/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) has been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc., marking the third consecutive year that CIBC has been recognized as an industry leader in creating and maintaining an exceptional workplace.
"CIBC is committed to helping our clients succeed, and one of the ways we accomplish that is by creating a workplace environment where everyone brings their best to the job," says Sandy Sharman, CIBC's Executive Vice-President of Human Resources. "This recognition reflects our emphasis on investing in our employees and helping them be innovators and leaders in the industry."
Mediacorp assesses companies in a variety of categories, including strong performance management, training and skills development, employee benefits, and community involvement.
CIBC was once again lauded for its employee recruitment and workplace programs. The bank was also recognized this year for its ongoing commitment and generosity in serving communities across Canada through some of the country's most visible fundraising initiatives, including the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure, which took place last month, and CIBC Miracle Day. The latter, which marks its 30th anniversary next month, takes place every year on the first Wednesday in December with wholesale banking employees and CIBC Wood Gundy advisors donating their trading commissions and fees to kids in need.
Mediacorp also recognized CIBC in 2014 as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers, Top Employer for Young People, and a Greater Toronto Top Employer.
Other recognition CIBC has received includes being named:
- The strongest of the publicly traded major banks in Canada and North America by Bloomberg Markets magazine;
- Among the Top 10 Safest Banks in North America by Global Finance magazine;
- Best Consumer Internet Bank - Canada and Best Integrated Consumer Bank Site - North America by Global Finance Magazine;
- Top Canadian Bank for Mobile Banking by Forrester;
- Winner of ACT Canada's Canadian Payments Benefiting Consumers Award, for the CIBC Tim Hortons Double Double Visa Card;
- A Gold winner for Best Leadership Development Program and Silver winner of Best in Learning Technology Implementation by Brandon Hall Group
- One of the 25 Best Canadian Brands by Interbrand;
- One of Canada's 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ by Achievers; and
- A Top Employer for Canadian's Over 40 by Mediacorp
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution with nearly 11 million personal banking and business clients. Through our three major business units - Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking - CIBC offers a full range of products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network, branches and offices across Canada with offices in the United States and around the world. You can find other news releases and information about CIBC in our Media Centre on our corporate website at www.cibc.com.
SOURCE: Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
For further information:
Caroline Van Hasselt, Director, External Communications and Media Relations, at 416-784-6699 or e-mail: [email protected].