National roll-out of the Epsilon™ platform to increase speed, accuracy and communication translates to improve quality of care
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Jan. 21, 2013 /CNW/ - Bayshore HealthCare, a leading provider of home care services across Canada, announced today the implementation of a new technology platform, Epsilon™, that will increase the speed and accuracy of the processes involved in assessing, authorizing, scheduling, documenting and evaluating individual patient care. National in scope, Epsilon™ will facilitate increased communication among government home care funders/contractors, Bayshore office, clinicians, the home care worker and the client.
"Bayshore is pleased to announce its investment in this leading edge technology platform which we have customized specifically to the Canadian home care sector across Canada," said Holly Quinn, Director of Clinical Programs/Chief Nursing Officer. "Few people realize the extensive systems and processes involved in the provision of individual care. By enhancing the efficiencies of this process, Bayshore is improving its at-home patient services by increasing the availability of caregivers and making patient records more accurate, accessible, and transparent."
Epsilon ™ is a comprehensive platform that includes integrated office and field applications, leading-edge mobile documentation and decision support systems, and proprietary processes that integrate all elements of care delivery. The platform is designed to meet present and emerging home care market needs in the areas of community and facility cluster care, quality indicator reporting requirements and outcome based care models.
A key component of the Epsilon™ platform is the unparalleled level of integration between Bayshore and its customers. The integration of data at client intake, through discharge and reporting, allows for administrative efficiencies for both government home care funder/contractors and Bayshore. These gained efficiencies can then be transferred into client-centered initiatives and home care staff wages and benefits.
Key elements of the Epsilon™ platform and application suite include:
- Intake Inbox: Direct import of client referral details from government documentation into Bayshore's care coordination system, eliminating manual data entry and potential time delays or errors.
- Powerful Scheduling and Matching: Matches an available and appropriately skilled clinician, situated within a geographically practical area, to a specific client. This application allows Bayshore to create schedules based on predetermined "rules" and conditions such as continuity of care, accessibility, client preferences, etc. leading to better matches of caregivers with clients' needs.
- Employee Portals & Self-Scheduling: Bayshore's caregivers are able to electronically enter their availability and work preferences, view upcoming visits and offers for new work, ask and respond to questions, enter their time and expenses, and view their paystubs - all without leaving the comfort of their homes.
- Advanced Clinical and decision support: Clinical and care pathways, electronic Medication Administration Records and advanced electronic forms and flow sheets allow for real-time data interchange and decision support at the client location, at the time of care. Together, this makes the Clinical documentation more timely and accurate. Clinical documentation forms the basis of a longitudinal client Electronic Medical Record.
- Automated Reporting and Statistics: Automated reporting back to both customers as well as regional health authorities has improved system efficiencies. Since moving to automated reporting, Bayshore has significantly reduced the time to deliver status updates and discharge reports, meanwhile customers have seen greater ease in ability to process and act on the information.
With Epsilon™ Bayshore is meeting the home care challenge of dynamic, rapid response to individual client referrals, care needs and instant communications. The platform ensures the appropriate caregiver is at the right client home at the right time and provides the right client care in the most cost effective manner possible. Epsilon ™ is being implemented in a timed roll-out nationally, accompanied by extensive staff education and support.
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
SOURCE: Bayshore HealthCare
For further information:
Citizen Optimum Public Relations
Phone: (416) 934-8020
E-mail: [email protected]