OTTAWA, March 28, 2019 /CNW/ - Today, the Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, announced the following appointments to the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA):
- Michael Saunders: reappointed as President and Chief Executive Officer for a one-year interim term. He holds a Bachelor of Professional Studies in Business, and has been the interim CATSA Chief Executive Officer since 2017. Prior to that, he had been the Vice-President and Chief Technology Officer at CATSA since 2008.
- Penny Jane Westman: appointed as director, term of four years. She is a lawyer, specializing in regulatory compliance, corporate governance, and litigation management. She has occupied various senior positions at Standard Life Assurance Company of Canada and Manulife Financial Services throughout her career.
These appointments were made under the Government of Canada's new approach to Governor in Council appointments. This approach supports open, transparent and merit-based selection processes that strive for gender parity and reflect Canada's diversity, to support Ministers in making appointment recommendations for positions within their portfolio by providing them with information and referrals.
"I am pleased to announce that these highly qualified Canadians have agreed to play important roles in the leadership of the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority."
The Honourable Marc Garneau,
Minister of Transport
- The Minister of Transport is responsible for appointments to 55 portfolio organizations, which include:
- 9 Crown Corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 18 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
This news release may be made available in alternative formats for persons living with visual disabilities.
SOURCE Transport Canada
For further information: Delphine Denis, Press Secretary, Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, Ottawa, [email protected], 613-991-0700; Media Relations, Transport Canada, Ottawa, [email protected], 613-993-0055