- Best November ever for Lexus, Toyota Prius c, Toyota RAV4 and Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- Annual sales record for RAV4
- TCI hybrid sales up 26.1% in November
TORONTO, Dec. 2, 2014 /CNW/ - With December still to come, Toyota has already established a new annual record for truck sales at 84,565. Leading the way is the Canadian-made RAV4, with a fifth consecutive monthly record. The RAV4 has also already recorded its best year ever with a month to go, at 34,015 units sold.
In addition, Lexus has established a new annual sales record, driven by a record year for the IS. Lexus sold 16,056 luxury vehicles through the first 11 months of 2014, overtaking the existing record of 15,949 from 2013. IS sales of 3,561 - up 71% over 2013.
Overall, TCI sold 188,436 vehicles YTD, up 3%, with November sales of 14,963 units, down 4% MTD.
Toyota sales highlights for November 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Toyota sales: 13,367
- Toyota hybrid sales: 960 (up 34.3%)
- Passenger car sales: 6,544
- Corolla sales: 3,370 :: 46,472 year-to-date (up 10.6%)
- Camry sales: 1,368 (up 4.7%)
- Camry Hybrid sales: 263 (up 39.2%)
- Prius c sales: 259 (up 94.7%) :: new November record :: second straight month of record sales
- Prius sales: 138 (up 4.5%)
- Truck sales: 6,823 :: 84,565 year-to-date (up 8.0%) :: new annual record
- RAV4 sales: 3,041 (up 6.4%) :: new November record :: fifth straight monthly record :: 34,015 year-to-date (up 10.2%) :: new annual record
- Highlander sales: 650 (up 20.1%) :: AJACÕs best new SUV/CUV ($35,000-65,000)
- Highlander Hybrid sales: 154 (up 100%) :: new November record :: second straight month of record sales
Lexus sales highlights for November 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Lexus sales: 1,402 (up 5.4%) :: new November record :: second straight month of record sales :: 16,056 year-to-date (up 8.8%) :: new annual record
- Luxury car sales: 640 (up 0.3%)
- IS sales: 252 :: 3,561 year-to-date (up 71%) :: new annual record
- ES sales: 177 (up 7.3%)
- CT sales: 61 (up 10.9%)
- Luxury SUV sales: 762 (up 10.1%)
- RX sales: 621 (up 8.6%)
- RX h sales: 52 (up 4%)
- GX sales: 52 (up 30%)
- LX sales: 37 (up 23.3%)
Scion sales for November 2014
- Scion sales: 194
Please <click here> for full Toyota Canada Inc. November sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Celebrating its 50th anniversary in Canada, Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCIÕs head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles: Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid and just celebrated production of its 6 millionth vehicle.
To unsubscribe or update your profile, please send an email to [email protected].
Toyota Canada Inc. | 1 Toyota Place | Toronto, ON | M1H 1H9 | Canada
SOURCE: Toyota Canada Inc.
For further information: For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.