TORONTO, Jan. 17, 2014 /CNW/ - Yahoo Canada today launched its newly redesigned homepage. What started out as Jerry and Dave's Guide to the World Wide Web, a simple directory of links created in the early days of the Internet to help organize sites, has now evolved. The new Yahoo experience offers the best of the web, in a way that's both intuitive and personal. It's now available on Yahoo Canada and Yahoo Quebec sites, consistent across the desktop, mobile and tablet.
The new Yahoo experience is personal, intuitive and optimized for easy, everyday consumption of daily habits like browsing the top stories; checking email; posting pictures, checking the weather or finding out the latest celebrity news. It's all within easy reach on one page.
Here's what's new:
More Functional and Intuitive
- News feed with fresher content and a more robust feed of news articles
- The stream of news also allows users to filter stories by category, save and share articles
- Newly designed applications that highlight the latest information from Yahoo Weather, Finance, Flickr and more; customizable for each user
- Cleaner design that's easy to navigate
- Quicker access to search, links to Yahoo Canada properties, and the popular Today Module
- More information in less space (surfacing headlines and summaries in an easy to read snapshot)
"The new Yahoo experience - with its modern yet familiar design - makes it easier to discover the news and information that Canadians care about most," says Claude Galipeau, Country Manager, Yahoo Canada. "Creating a welcoming, intuitive place for everyday use is another step towards our commitment to inspire and entertain our users."
Over the coming months, the homepage will continue to receive changes and improvements. The new Yahoo experience is optimized for smartphones and tablets, so Canadians can continue to enjoy Yahoo wherever, whenever.
Yahoo is focused on making the world's daily habits inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the world. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses. Yahoo is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, and has offices located throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the Company's blog (yahoo.tumblr.com).
SOURCE: Yahoo! Canada
For further information:
Environics Communications, Inc.