HALIFAX, Feb. 26, 2015 /CNW/ - Eastlink further extends its TV leadership with the launch of the Eastlink Maestro Streamer. At a time when easy access to TV content across multiple devices is in hot demand, Eastlink's Maestro platform allows customers to stream live TV & DVR recordings to their tablets & smart phones.
"We live in a multi-screen world," said Lee Bragg, CEO Eastlink. "Customers want the easiest and most accessible way to watch their favourite content on their personal device in the comfort of their home."
About Eastlink's new Maestro Streamer
- Viewers can now access all the content to which they subscribe for their TV experience – live and recorded - on their tablet or smart phone leveraging their in-home WiFi network
- Using the simple and intuitive guide on their tablet or smart phone, viewers can:
- easily search, select, watch (including pause and rewind) live TV content
- access and manage DVR recordings
- program single or full series recordings
Early Media Streamer customer feedback has been very positive including:
- "Just like when I curl up on the couch with a good book, I can now watch live TV or my recordings on my tablet in my favorite comfy spot in the house."
- "It's cool that I get to watch two hockey games at once - one on my big screen while keeping my eye on the second game on my smaller screen."
- "I love the fact that I can stop or pause a show I'm watching on my tablet or smart phone, and then pick it up exactly where I left off later on the same device."
- "The guide is really smart; it tells me at a quick glance if the program I want to watch is a new or repeat episode. It saves me the disappointment of tuning in only to find out I've already seen it."
- "I'm so happy not having to worry about data charges because this uses my in-home WiFi network."
Consistent with the company's focus on delivering an Unmatched TV experience, Eastlink has developed a compelling portfolio of TV products and services that thrive in today's multi-screen viewing environment including:
- Stream Live TV and DVR recordings with Maestro Streamer
- Ability to pause live TV in any room and record up to 6 shows at once with Maestro
- Ability to move your TV anywhere in your home with Maestro Wireless TV
- Access over 90 individual channels via Personal Picks like Food Network & Animal Planet
- Computer, Tablet or smart phone access via Eastlink To Go to 28 channels OnDemand networks
- Access to over 200 brilliant HD channels
- Access to TSN GO, Global GO, CTV GO, CraveTV, TMN GO, and A&E GO network applications
Headquartered in Halifax, NS, Eastlink is Canada's largest family-owned and operated telecommunications provider, delivering world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across the country.
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink's advanced services include Unmatched TV featuring Wireless TV powered by Maestro, Personal Picks, and Video OnDemand, Wireless featuring nationwide calling, Internet Evolved including Personal Cloud services, home security and automation, competitive local and long distance telephone, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming on Eastlink TV.
Eastlink is one of Canada's Best Managed Companies with operations in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia as well as Bermuda.
For more information, visit eastlink.ca
Image with caption: "Eastlink Logo (CNW Group/Eastlink)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150226_C4215_PHOTO_EN_12622.jpg
For further information: Jill Laing, Public and Media Relations, [email protected], T: 902.446.1939