New barbecue collection offers Canadians everything they need to host the best party on the block
MISSISSAUGA, ON, April 26, 2012 /CNW/ - The summer is a great time for gathering with family and friends, and Walmart Canada knows that Canadian families, regardless of their budget, want to serve only the very best at their summer barbecues. Walmart Canada is proud to present the Our Finest barbecue collection, available exclusively at Walmart stores across the country.
The collection offers Canadians everything they need to host a successful barbecue, from premium burgers and frankfurters, to side salads, delectable ice cream desserts and essentials such as ketchup, barbecue sauces and buns.
"Whether it's a family reunion, a long weekend party or a weeknight family dinner, we're confident Canadians will be proud to serve Our Finest at their summer gatherings," said Sandra Farwell, senior director brand management and product development at Walmart Canada. "Our Finest is a premium grocery brand which offers exceptional taste, quality, selection and variety, and is inspired by family favourites."
Research shows that Canadians are increasingly choosing to purchase private label products, with nearly 60 per cent of consumers purchasing store brands to help them save money. "Private brands have never been more relevant for our customers than during the economic uncertainty we've experienced over the past few years," added Farwell. "The cost of living continues to rise and customers have fewer dollars to spend each month. Our customers tell us that they look to private brands as one of the easiest ways to help them stretch their dollar further."
This barbecue collection proves all Canadians can throw a great party, without the headache of a large price tag. With nearly 50 new products, all $10 or less, this is just one more way Walmart is providing customers with amazing taste at low prices every day. Key items for the season include:
- $9.47 - Lean Angus Sliders - Bite-sized burgers that are bold and juicy with bountiful flavour.
- $9. 47 - Ultimate Sirloin Beef Burgers - Prepared with just the right blend of seasoning and flavourful sirloin beef for a firm, succulent bite.
- $4.27 - Homerun Angus Beef Frankfurters - Juicy, flavourful and extra long, with a hint of smoke, these franks are sure toplease the whole family.
- $10 - Original Bold BBQ Pork Back Ribs - Slow-cooked, fall-off-the-bone tender and generously basted with Our Finest Original Bold BBQ Sauce for a rich flavour.
- $8.97 - Herb & garlic chicken breasts - Tender boneless, skinless chicken breasts, seasoned to perfection with oregano, rosemary, basil, onion, black pepper and garlic. Perfectly portioned to allow for easy cooking.
- $9.97 Meat skewers - Available in Pork Souvlaki, Sweet BBQ Angus Beef, and Lemon and Herb chicken. Made with premium ingredients to ensure a delicious taste.
- $5.77 - Caramel Burst Ice Cream - The perfect blend of creamy caramel and rich chocolate ice cream swirled with a delectable caramel ripple alongside mini chocolate caramel cups.
About Walmart Canada
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of discount stores and supercentres with more than 330 locations nationwide serving more than one million customers each day. With nearly 90,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada's largest employers and is recognized by Waterstone Human Capital as having one of Canada's top 10 corporate cultures. Walmart Canada is focused on helping Canadian families in need. Since 1994, Walmart has donated and raised more than $160 million to Canadian charities and not-for-profit organizations.
Image with caption: "Available exclusively at Walmart Canada, the Our Finest barbecue collection includes everything you need to host a successful barbecue, from premium burgers and frankfurters, to side salads, delectable ice cream desserts and essentials such as ketchup, barbecue sauces and buns. (CNW Group/WAL-MART CANADA CORP.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20120426_C9327_PHOTO_EN_12754.jpg
For further information:
Manager, Public Relations