MONTRÉAL, June 22, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - Passeport MTL goes on sale today. Tourisme Montréal's all-new card gives visitors access to key Montréal attractions, as well as to the city's entire public transit system. Card-holders can swipe their Passeport MTL smart card at all participating transaction terminals. . The 24-hour card sells for $64 and the 72-hour card for $109. Both come with a brochure (in both official languages) detailing the participating attractions.
"Like New York, Paris and Berlin, and many other cities around the world, Montréal now has a Passeport Card for tourists. Once the card is launched, Tourisme Montréal hopes to offer similar cards for the cultural, culinary, events and sports sectors. These themed cards will showcase our city's strengths on the international stage and maximize tourist and economic spin-offs," said Yves Lalumière, President and CEO of Tourisme Montréal.
Passeport MTL can be purchased online at www.passeportmtl.com. Valued at over $260 and providing access to 14 attractions (see list, below), including unlimited public transit, the card represents a significant savings compared to the purchase of individual tickets.
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- Pointe-à-Callière, Montréal Museum of Archeology and History
- McCord Museum
- Grévin Montréal Museum
- Musée d'art contemporain de Montréal
- Bateau-Mouche at the Old Port of Montréal (cruises)
- Croisières AML (cruises)
- Casino de Montréal
- Saint Joseph's Oratory of Mount Royal
- Biodôme de Montréal – Space for Life
- Montréal Botanical Garden – Space for Life
- Montréal Insectarium – Space for Life
- Rio Tinto Alcan Planetarium – Space for Life
- Montréal Tower / Olympic Park
Passeport MTL is offered by Tourisme Montréal in partnership with the STM.
- The Passeport MTL card is subject to certain terms and conditions, including the following:
- Individuals must be 18 years or older to use Passeport MTL. The card is valid for one admission to each of the attractions listed on the website and must be kept during all public transit trips.
- Passeport MTL becomes valid as of the date and time it is first used to enter an attraction, and stops being valid after 24 or 72 hours, depending on the type of card chosen.
- Passeport MTL gives you unlimited access to the STM's network of bus and metro lines on the island of Montréal. It also includes travel on the Montréal-Trudeau Airport Shuttle Bus.
- The Casino de Montréal will provide $10 in promotional gaming credits to Passeport MTL card-holders.
- Passeport MTL allows you to skip the line at most attractions. However, reservations are recommended for cruises and major exhibitions.
For more detailed terms and conditions, go to www.passeportmtl.com.
About Tourisme Montréal
Tourisme Montréal is responsible for providing leadership in the concerted efforts of hospitality and promotion in order to position the "Montréal" destination on leisure and business travel markets. It is also responsible for developing Montréal's tourism product in accordance with the ever-changing conditions of the market.
For more information, visit www.tourisme-montreal.org.
SOURCE Tourisme Montréal
For further information: Andrée-Anne Pelletier, Manager - Corporate Public Relations, Tourisme Montréal, 514 844-3344, email@example.com