TORONTO, Nov. 1, 2013 /CNW/ - Toronto Hydro-Electric System Limited (Toronto Hydro) is now reporting approximately 150 customers without power in various locations throughout the city. According to Environment Canada, wind speeds are expected to drop to 20-40 kms per hour tonight. Toronto Hydro's distribution system is generally affected by winds in excess of 80 kms per hour.
At the present time:
- Work volumes are at normal levels for a weekday evening.
- Calls into the "Lights Out" phone line are at normal levels.
- Based on the current work volume, the average time for crews to arrive onsite is 1 hour.
- Current restoration time for all calls is 2 hours.
The final phase of the work is the slowest. Crews are now travelling house-to-house to fix wires and pole-top repairs affecting single locations.
Customers returning home this evening to find their power is out should call Toronto Hydro's outage hotline at 416.542.8000. Customers should not assume Toronto Hydro is aware of their outage.
If possible, before calling, customers are asked to:
- Check the breaker panel at their property to ensure the switches are in the "on" position. If they are "off", switch them "on".
- Determine if the outage is affecting their home only or the entire street or neighbourhood.
Toronto Hydro continues to ask the public to stay clear of all downed wires and to report them at 416.542.8000.
For more information about power outages, and preparedness tips for residential and business customers, please visit torontohydro.com/poweroutage
SOURCE: Toronto Hydro Corporation
For further information:
Christina Basil, Toronto Hydro-Electric System
[email protected] C: 416-903-6845