TORONTO, June 22, 2012 /CNW/ -
(Toronto Hydro Corporation's 5th corporate responsibility report, "The Measure of Our Corporate Responsibility Commitment," is now available at torontohydro.com/responsibility)
Over the past century, Toronto Hydro employees have worked together to light the City of Toronto. In the utility's 100th year, the corporation achieved strong performance in workplace safety, construction and maintenance, customer service and community outreach.
For three years now, the Corporation has documented its achievements in its corporate responsibility report, "The Measure of our Corporate Responsibility Commitment," which is now available at torontohydro.com/responsibility. This report details Toronto Hydro's efforts under the social, environmental and economic tenets of corporate responsibility.
Highlights in this year's report include:
- A letter from Clair Copeland (Chairman) and Anthony Haines, (President and CEO) outlining Toronto Hydro's key corporate achievements
- An updated stakeholder engagement section which outlines how Toronto Hydro builds meaningful business relationships within the business, environmental and social communities
- A summary of Toronto Hydro's performance highlights from 2011 which includes infrastructure investments and construction and maintenance work
- An update on the utility's progress in achieving target summer electricity peak demand savings through conservation and demand management programs
- A section on Toronto Hydro's workforce which outlines training and engagement initiatives and the utility's record achievement in safety performance
- An outline of 2011 Community Involvement initiatives including the United Way Toronto campaign, Take Our Kids to Work event, and how the utility celebrated its 100-year anniversary with Torontonians
- Employee testimonials offering their personal perspectives on corporate initiatives
About Toronto Hydro
The principal business of the Corporation and its subsidiaries is the distribution of electricity by Toronto Hydro-Electric System Limited. Toronto Hydro-Electric System owns and operates an electricity distribution system, which delivers electricity to approximately 709,000 customers located in the City of Toronto. It is the largest municipal electricity distribution company in Canada and distributes approximately 18% of the electricity consumed in the Province of Ontario.
The information in these materials is based on information currently available to Toronto Hydro Corporation and its affiliates (together hereinafter referred to as "Toronto Hydro"), and is provided for information purposes only. Toronto Hydro does not warrant the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the information and undertakes no obligation to revise or update these materials. Toronto Hydro (including its directors, officers, employees, agents and subcontractors) hereby waives any and all liability for damages of whatever kind and nature which may occur or be suffered as a result of the use of these materials or reliance on the information therein.
For further information:
Tanya Bruckmueller, Toronto Hydro-Electric System