TORONTO, Nov. 16, 2016 /CNW/ - Toronto Hydro Corporation is welcoming David McFadden as Chair of the Board, effective December 11, 2016. McFadden has been a member of the Toronto Hydro board since 2015 and is currently Vice-Chair. He will be replacing David Williams, whose term as Chair is ending after 3.5 years, and who was an original board member upon incorporation of Toronto Hydro in 1999.
McFadden has extensive experience advising governments on energy matters both in Canada and internationally. He has served on a number of government and energy sector-specific boards, committees and task forces, providing seasoned insight and leadership. Most notably, he was a member of the Electric System Working Group of the Joint U.S-Canada Task Force established to investigate the power blackout that hit Ontario and much of the northeastern United States (2003-2004), a member of the Ontario Government's Distribution Sector Review Panel (2012), and Chair of the Independent Review Committee appointed by Toronto Hydro to review its response to a major ice storm event in December 2013 (2014).
- Williams was an original director in 1999 upon incorporation of Toronto Hydro, serving on the board and numerous committees almost continuously since 1999
- McFadden is currently counsel in the law firm Gowling WLG and Chair of the Infrastructure Advisory Boards of Fengate Capital Management
- McFadden is a former member of the Ontario Government's Electricity Conservation and Supply Task Force
- McFadden is a member of the Board of the MaRS Advanced Energy Centre and of the Council for Clean and Reliable Electricity
"I'm pleased that David McFadden is taking on the position of Board Chair, as his experience on our board and in the electricity industry will be a tremendous asset and I'm confident he will provide strong direction to the company during a very transformative time."
- David Williams, Chair, Toronto Hydro Corporation
ABOUT TORONTO HYDRO
Toronto Hydro owns and operates an electricity distribution system, which delivers electricity to approximately 758,000 customers located in the city of Toronto. It is the largest municipal electricity distribution company in Canada and distributes approximately 19% of the electricity consumed in the province of Ontario.
SOURCE Toronto Hydro Corporation
Image with caption: "Toronto Hydro Corporation announces David McFadden as new Board Chair. (CNW Group/Toronto Hydro Corporation)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20161116_C8689_PHOTO_EN_820191.jpg