President and CEO Anthony Haines received Individual Leadership on Sustainability Award from Canadian Electricity Association
TORONTO, Nov. 16, 2017 /CNW/ - Toronto Hydro's President and CEO Anthony Haines has been recognized as a leader in sustainability with an award from the Canadian Electricity Association (CEA) for his work in making Toronto Hydro a more sustainable organization.
Haines received the Award for Individual Leadership on Sustainability – which is given to leaders who have exhibited dedication to providing sustainable and safe electricity services – during an awards ceremony in Toronto yesterday.
Under Haines' leadership, we were first recognized as a Sustainable Electricity Company™ by the CEA in 2014. We have been diligent in our commitment to provide safe and reliable service in a cost-effective way, demonstrated through an organization-wide commitment to sustainability, conservation and demand management (CDM) initiatives and support of innovative technology to reduce our carbon footprint.
The CEA represents electricity companies across Canada on a variety of issues, including environmental protection, regulation and infrastructure renewal.
- Haines was recognized earlier this year as one of Canada's Future 40 Responsible Corporate Leaders in Canada by Corporate Knights and as Responsible CEO of the Year by Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Under Haines' forward-looking leadership, Toronto Hydro has achieved significant accomplishments, including:
- Delivered 24% of the province's CDM focused savings
- Connected 11,000 solar projects
- Supported emerging technologies such as Hydrostor, an underwater compressed-air energy storage system, and eCamion, which uses pole-top energy storage
"This award from the CEA is really a reflection of the dedication and hard work of everyone at Toronto Hydro. Sustainability is a key focus for us and we're constantly looking for innovative technologies to become a more socially responsible electricity distributor."
- Anthony Haines, President and Chief Executive Officer, Toronto Hydro
ABOUT TORONTO HYDRO
Toronto Hydro owns and operates the electricity distribution system for Canada's largest city. A leader in conservation and demand management, it has 765,000 customers located in the city of Toronto and distributes approximately 19% of the electricity consumed in Ontario.
SOURCE Toronto Hydro Corporation
For further information: Tori Gass, Communications and Public Relations, 416-903-4037, email@example.com; 24-hour media line: 416-903-6845, firstname.lastname@example.org