Sean Bovingdon joins Toronto Hydro's executive team
TORONTO, March 27, 2017 /CNW/ - Toronto Hydro Corporation announces that Sean Bovingdon is the new Executive Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) effective April 3, 2017. Mr. Bovingdon replaces Laura Foster, who has been the Interim CFO since December 2015 and has accepted another role on the executive team.
Mr. Bovingdon brings with him over 25 years of financial leadership knowledge and experience, and has held senior executive and leadership positions within the oil and gas, manufacturing and technology sectors. As CFO, he will assume a strategic role in the overall financial management of the company, with primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities.
- Mr. Bovingdon is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- He graduated with a BA (Hons) in Accounting and Economics from the University of Kent at Canterbury, U.K.
"I am pleased to welcome Sean Bovingdon to Toronto Hydro. He is an accomplished executive who brings considerable financial experience to the role. I also want to thank Laura Foster for her excellent work as Interim CFO and look forward to continuing to work with her on the executive team."
- Anthony Haines, President and CEO, Toronto Hydro
ABOUT TORONTO HYDRO
Toronto Hydro Corporation is a holding company which wholly owns two subsidiaries:
- Toronto Hydro-Electric System Limited (THESL) – distributes electricity and engages in conservation and demand management activities
- Toronto Hydro Energy Services Inc. – provides street lighting and expressway lighting services in the city of Toronto
The principal business of Toronto Hydro Corporation and its subsidiaries is the distribution of electricity by THESL, which owns and operates the electricity distribution system for Canada's largest city. A leader in conservation and demand management, it has 761,000 customers located in the city of Toronto and distributes approximately 19% of the electricity consumed in Ontario.
SOURCE Toronto Hydro Corporation
For further information: Tori Gass, Communications and Public Relations, 416-903-4037, email@example.com; 24-hour media line: 416-903-6845, firstname.lastname@example.org