Several easy options are available, including ebilling
TORONTO, Oct. 19, 2018 /CNW/ - The Canadian Union of Postal Workers has given strike notice to Canada Post which could result in disruptions to postal service as early as Monday. Toronto Hydro customers who receive their monthly bills by mail may be impacted and should be aware that they're still responsible for keeping their accounts up-to-date.
Right now is the perfect time to sign-up for ebills, as paperless billing offers simple, secure, 24/7 access to bills and the ability to make payments. Aside from ebills, customers can call our Customer Care line at 416-542-8000 (press 2, then 1) to hear their account balance at any time.
And there are several other ways to make a payment:
- Sign up for Pre-Authorized Debit to avoid late payment charges. Bills are automatically paid from your bank account
- Pay in person at your bank or use online or telephone bill payment services offered by most financial institutions
- Pay directly from your bank account online with a Telpay account
- Payment drop-off boxes can be accessed at two Toronto Hydro locations:
- 500 Commissioners Street
- 14 Carlton Street
Consider switching to ebills:
- Customers on ebills enjoy benefits of receiving their bills sooner, getting email notifications when a new bill is ready, cutting the clutter of paper bills and accessing their account balance and payment history at any time
- Customers who sign up by October 31, 2018 have a chance to win free hydro for a year*
- For more information about ebills including how to register, visit torontohydro.com/ebills
- Toronto Hydro has approximately 67% of residential customers that receive their bill through the mail
- Approximately 33% of residential customers receive their bills electronically
"We've been reaching out to customers to make sure they're aware of the alternative payment options available in the event of a postal disruption. It's a good time to consider switching over to ebills – anyone who registers before October 31 has a chance to win free hydro for a year."
- Christina Basil, Spokesperson, Toronto Hydro
*Prizes include: three (3) prizes of a 'Win Free Hydro for a Year' account credit valued at $1,400.00 (CAD) (the "Account Credit"). The Account Credit shall be applied to Toronto Hydro residential customer accounts that register for eBills between September 7, 2018 – October 31, 2018 and that are randomly selected from the total entry pool as contest winners. Limit of one entry per successful eBills registration per account. Odds of winning the Account Credit depends on number of eligible entries received. No purchase necessary. Contest winner will be required to answer a skill testing question. See Contest Rules for full prize details: www.torontohydro.com/contestrules. Contest closes October 31, 2018. ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. NO SUBSTITUTIONS.
ABOUT TORONTO HYDRO
Toronto Hydro owns and operates the electricity distribution system for Canada's largest city. A leader in conservation and demand management, it has 769,000 customers located in the city of Toronto and distributes approximately 18% of the electricity consumed in Ontario.
SOURCE Toronto Hydro Corporation
For further information: Tori Gass, Manager, Communications and Public Affairs, 416-903-4037, firstname.lastname@example.org; 24-hour media line: 416-903-6845, email@example.com