McDonald's partners with Snapchat to launch hiring initiative
TORONTO, March 27, 2019 /CNW/ - McDonald's will be the first brand in Canada to launch 'Snapplications,' a one-day virtual hiring event that will allow millions of job seekers to instantly apply for a career at McDonald's restaurants through the Snapchat app.
Today, Snapchat users can find a unique lens that enables them to film a 30-second video capturing why they want to work for McDonald's that can be submitted to the McDonald's Canada hiring portal.
As one of the largest employers of youth in the country, McDonald's Canada and its franchisees are committed to leveraging technology to build new ways to apply, learn and grow at McDonald's. This new approach to recruiting is one of the ways McDonald's Canada is bringing mobile-first innovation to its guests and employees. Later this month, the brand will also be launching a first-in-Canada partnership with Google Voice. Canadians will be able to discover local offers available in the My McD's app through asking their Google voice-activated devices.
"We wanted to offer a convenient and flexible application process to attract more young people through our one-day virtual hiring event," says Stephanie Hardman, Senior Vice President & Chief People Officer at McDonald's Canada. "From youth applying for their first jobs, to experienced candidates, Snapplications is a new and exciting way for people to kick-start a career at McDonald's Canada."
"As a leader in the Quick-Service industry, we know that technology is a critical driver of success. Our partnerships with Snapchat and Google Voice are examples of how we're bringing first-to-market innovation to our guests," says Lara Skripitsky, Vice President & Chief Technology Officer at McDonald's Canada.
- While interested applicants are encouraged to submit their Snapplications today, job applications can still be submitted through traditional methods. To find out more, visit McDonalds.com/ca/en-ca/careers.
- In Canada, Snapchat has over 12 million daily users and more than 82 per cent are millennials.
- McDonald's together with its franchisees are one of the largest employers of youth in our country; 83 per cent of its nearly 100,000 employees are millennials.
- 50 per cent of McDonald's franchisees started as crew and have gone on to build exciting careers as very successful entrepreneurs.
- Over the past decade, McDonald's has consistently ranked among Canada's 50 Best Employers.
- McDelivery, McCafe Mobile Rewards, MyMcD's App and Mobile Offers are a few recent examples of McDonald's Canada's commitment to evolving its digital offering.
ABOUT McDonald's® Canada
In 1967, Canadians welcomed the first McDonald's restaurant to Richmond, British Columbia. Today, McDonald's Restaurants of Canada Limited has become part of the Canadian fabric, serving close to three million guests every day. Together with our franchisees, we proudly employ nearly 100,000 people from coast-to-coast and more than 90 per cent of McDonald's 1,400 Canadian restaurants are locally owned and operated by independent entrepreneurs. Of the almost $1 billion we spend on food, beverages and packaging, more than 85 per cent is purchased from suppliers in Canada. For more information on McDonald's Canada visit McDonalds.ca.
SOURCE McDonald's Canada
For further information: Media requiring more information or wishing to arrange an interview please contact: Laura Munzar, [email protected], 416-446-3656