These Findings are Available in the MTM's New Sneak Peek Report via MTM Portal
OTTAWA, Jan. 31, 2017 /CNW/ - The Media Technology Monitor (MTM), a research product of CBC/Radio Canada, today announced the immediate release of its new Sneak Peek Report as well as its Fall Media Technology Adoption Report.
These MTM reports are being offered days ahead of the most recent data set, which will all be available to subscribers in early-February.
The Sneak Peek explores five key findings and provides an inkling of what can be expected from the upcoming season. From Virtual Reality Headsets to Cutting the Cord on Landlines to Netflix sharing, the Sneak Peek report allows readers a taste of the newest MTM data.
Key findings from the Sneak Peek Report include the following:
- After a slow start on the scene, Virtual Reality has finally gone mainstream. One in ten Canadians report having interacted with VR in the past month/year, however, adoption of this technology is still in its infancy.
- Have you thought about cutting your landline cord? If so, you're not alone; one-in five Canadians report interest in become a cell phone only home.
- With a growing amount of original content, Netflix continues to show subscription growth in both the English and French markets. But not everyone is paying for their own subscriptions; nearly three in ten Netflix subscribers report that they share their Netflix password with someone outside of their home.
To access a free version of the Sneak Peek Report, click here.
Key findings from the Media and Technology Adoption Report include:
- The majority of Canadians still subscribe to television services, even though the TV subscription market has experienced declines due to pressure from new competitors and online TV services.
- The number of Canadians who connect their TV to the Internet continues to grow – now over half of Anglophones and one-third of Francophones do so.
- Podcasting continues to see growth year over year, currently 28% of Anglophones and 18% of Francophones report having listened to one in the past month.
MTM Subscribers can access the Fall 2016 Media and Technology Adoption Report on the MTM Portal, by clicking here.
About the MTM (www.mtm-otm.ca)
The Media Technology Monitor (MTM©) is Canada's premier research product in the area of technology ownership and use. Based on 12,000 telephone interviews annually, the MTM has spoken with over 140,000 Canadians over the past twelve years making it the most accurate and comprehensive media technology tracking survey of its kind. For more information on the MTM or how to become a client, please visit our Portal at www.mtm-otm.ca or call: 1-855-898-4999.
To view this news release in HTML formatting, please use the following URL: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/January2017/31/c7424.html
For further information: Jenny Meadows, MTM a product of CBC/Radio-Canada, 613-288-6231 or 1-855-898-4999, [email protected]