Louise Archambault, Xavier Dolan, Michael Dowse and Kim Nguyen take part in Montreal: City of Cinema / Montréal : Ville de cinéma as the lead-up to James Cameron conference
MONTREAL, May 29, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - As part of the third annual C2MTL event, Telefilm Canada is today organizing an activity, entitled Montreal: City of Cinema / Montréal : Ville de cinéma.
Organized jointly by C2MTL, Telefilm Canada and its partners Montréal International, the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal, ICI Radio-Canada, the City of Montréal, the Bureau du cinéma et de la télévision du Québec (BCTQ)—la Grappe Audiovisuelle ActionMTL and Annexe Communications, Montreal: City of Cinema / Montréal : Ville de cinéma aims to promote Canadian filmmakers through an interactive meeting focused on exchange, innovation and creativity.
Over the course of three days, stakeholders representing a broad range of interests and activities will gather together at various conferences and workshops, where they'll have the opportunity to both meet and engage with Canadian filmmakers whose flourishing careers and works have made a splash at major international film events and on screens worldwide. Louise Archambault (Gabrielle), Xavier Dolan (Mommy), Michael Dowse (Goon) and Kim Nguyen (Rebelle) will participate in an activity to be held just before a talk by internationally renowned Canadian director James Cameron. The filmmakers will talk about their respective visions and the paths they have taken in their pursuit of creativity and innovation.
"We would especially like to thank our partners, without whom this event would not have been possible," said Carolle Brabant, Executive Director of Telefilm Canada. "C2MTL has become, over the last three years, an important celebration of creativity, and once again this year it shines a spotlight on Canadian cinema and on the creative impulse of our talented filmmakers."
C2MTL will feature numerous presentations and other networking activities aimed at showcasing and raising the profile of Canadian talent and Canadian audiovisual creativity at home and around the world. Highlights include:
- Canadian filmmaker, and C2MTL guest of honour, James Cameron in conversation with George Stroumboulopoulos, presented by Sid Lee;
- Presentation of Canadian talent and discussions with Louise Archambault, Xavier Dolan, Michael Dowse and Kim Nguyen, hosted by Pénélope McQuade, in collaboration with ICI Radio-Canada;
- New Ways of Discovering Canadian Talent: Presentation of CineCoup business model (founded by J. Joly), in collaboration with Cineplex (Michael Kennedy);
- Presentation of film installation Cochemare by directors Chris Lavis and Maciek Szczerbowski (Mme Tutli-Putli: Cannes 2007 + Grand Prix Canal+) and producers Phoebe Greenberg and Penny Mancuso from the PHI Centre;
- Film master class by Michael Dowse, introduced by Michael Kennedy of Cineplex;
- Tour of filming locations: an exclusive experience offered to investors and participants, organized by the Montréal Film and TV Commission in collaboration with the Bureau du cinéma et de la télévision du Québec (BCTQ)—la Grappe Audiovisuelle ActionMTL;
- Networking activity, Telefilm Canada / BCTQ—la Grappe Audiovisuelle ActionMTL Meet & Greet, with creative talent, producers, distributors, partners and businesspeople; and
- Press conference with James Cameron, Louise Archambault, Xavier Dolan, Michael Dowse and Kim Nguyen.
Telefilm Canada wishes to highlight the participation of its partners: Montréal International, the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal, the City of Montréal, the Bureau du cinéma et de la télévision du Québec (BCTQ)—la Grappe Audiovisuelle ActionMTL, ICI Radio-Canada and Annexe Communications.
Montréal: City of Cinema / Montréal : Ville de cinéma, presented by Telefilm Canada as part of the third annual C2MTL, will be held on May 29, 2014, at Arsenal.
About Telefilm Canada
Telefilm is dedicated to the cultural, commercial and industrial success of Canada's audiovisual industry. Through its various funding and promotion programs, Telefilm supports dynamic companies and creative talent here at home and around the world. Telefilm also administers the programs of the Canada Media Fund. Visit telefilm.ca and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/telefilm_canada or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/telefilmcanada.
C2MTL unites the cream of the international business crop and works to stimulate creative and even visionary thinking. This is encouraged through an immersive environment that fosters collaboration and the emergence of innovative business solutions. C2MTL was founded and imagined in 2011 by the Sid Lee creative agency in collaboration with Founding Partner Cirque du Soleil, Leadership Partner Microsoft, and Content and Media Partner Fast Company magazine.
SOURCE: Telefilm Canada
For further information:
514-844-8864, ext. 136
Douglas Chow, Manager, External Communications
514-283-0838, ext. 2225 or 1-800-567-0890