Your Better Starts At Sport Chek's New Location On Popular Robson Street
VANCOUVER, May 9, 2016 /CNW/ - Sport Chek (@SportChek), Canada's largest sporting goods retailer, opened its doors today to a new 53,000 square foot flagship store on Robson Street in Vancouver. As the fifth Sport Chek flagship store to open in Canada, the new location – in one of Vancouver's most robust and exciting shopping areas – provides three floors of innovative retail space.
"Building on the success of one of Sport Chek's first flagship stores in Metrotown, Burnaby, we are excited to bring our second stadium of sport to the GVA," said Chad McKinnon, Chief Operating Officer, FGL Sports. "This store has been designed specifically for athletes in the community that share a passion for sport and activity, and are looking for the best products delivered in an immersive, inspiring environment."
Merging bricks and mortar with the latest in-store technology, the Robson flagship brings new world-class features to the B.C. market including:
- Motion activated screens, a Sport Chek first, which trigger real-time content based on movement
- A Golf Virtual Department Kiosk, providing recommended products based on the individual customer's needs and abilities
- In-store eCommerce on associate tablets and in 55" and 75" displays, leveraging the full functionality of SportChek.ca to offer an expanded product selection to shoppers
- LED Ribbons on the 2nd and 3rd floors which can be seen from Robson Square keeping sports fans up-to-date on the latest scores
- State of the art shop-in-shops from top brands including Nike, Under Armour, Adidas, Fitbit and GoPro offering customers an unparalleled assortment of the latest products
- Art installations immersing shoppers in creative displays inspired by sport
The new Robson location in downtown Vancouver is unlike any other Sport Chek flagship store with an iconic glass prism on the outside and an incredible digital experience on the inside. The store will bring together the community and connect sports enthusiasts through programming and activities. For example, with support from The University of British Columbia, Robson will be the first Sport Chek store to offer a Training Club designed to help athletes train for their sport activity.
Sport Chek's flagship stores continue to awe consumers with its ever-evolving digital installations and improvements to customer experience. With the launch of Sport Chek's first two flagship stores in Western Canada, The West Edmonton Mall and Metrotown locations have seen significant results in customer traffic and sales.
To celebrate the flagship opening, Sport Chek is holding its official grand opening event May 12, including Doorcrasher Deals, GT Bike Contest and Bauer Mystery Locker, in addition to several week long offers. Click here for calendar of events
About FGL Sports
FGL Sports Ltd. is Canada's largest national retailer of sporting goods, offering a comprehensive assortment of brand-name and private-brand products and operating more than 400 stores from coast to coast, under the following corporate and franchise banners: Sport Chek, Sports Experts, Atmosphere, National Sports, Intersport, Nevada Bob's Golf, Hockey Experts and Pro-Hockey Life. FGL Sports also has websites for several of its corporate and franchise banners which can be accessed through its main website at www.FGLSports.com.
SOURCE FGL Sports Ltd.
Video with caption: "Video: Sport Chek Expands Presence In Greater Vancouver With New Flagship Store". Video available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKETHEbfEMQ