Arriving Summer 2017 at CF Toronto Eaton Centre, the two-level, 21,000 sq. ft. Samsung Experience Store facing Yonge-Dundas Square will bring the Samsung ecosystem to life
MISSISSAUGA, ON, April 3, 2017 /CNW/ - Today, Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. announced plans for its sixth, largest, and most immersive Samsung Experience Store in Canada to date, coming this summer to CF Toronto Eaton Centre. The 21,000 sq. ft. innovative space will provide a stunning retail and technology experience, with a full calendar of engaging events and in-store features unlike any other Samsung retail footprint in Canada.
"Our new Samsung Experience Store at CF Toronto Eaton Centre is, simply, unlike anything we've ever launched before in Canada. From the moment our guests join us, they will experience the Samsung Galaxy Life connected ecosystem. The dynamic and innovative space will bring our guests closer to the Samsung brand and our latest innovation, enabling them to get closer to what they are passionate about and reach their full potential" said Patricia Heath, Vice President, Retail Excellence, Samsung Canada.
The breathtaking new Samsung Experience Store at CF Toronto Eaton Centre will feature two entrances—one at street level for easy access from the bustling Yonge Dundas Square, and one from within the shopping centre itself. While in the store, customers will be able to experience:
- A Canadian-first, fully functioning Samsung demo kitchen, allowing visitors to watch cooking demonstrations, get involved in their passion for cooking and delight their senses and taste-buds with on-site culinary creations
- Interactive Samsung Gear VR and Gear360 zones to 'transport' visitors across Canada, over rollercoasters and beyond
- The full Samsung lineup of smartphones and tablets, with an expansive assortment of mobile accessories to personalize guests' favourite Samsung device
- A luxe TV experience zone ready to showcase amazing Samsung picture, sound and design innovations, and allow guests to indulge themselves in their passion for entertainment
- Onsite Samsung Smart Service and trained Galaxy Consultants will guide guests through the experience, answer questions and provide technical support and repairs for mobile products. In addition, Samsung mobile device owners will also be able to coordinate 1:1, in-person sessions with Galaxy Consultants at CF Toronto Eaton Centre
The space ushers in a new era of retail excellence for Samsung's Canadian operations. Designed by award-winning Canadian design firm, Quadrangle, it will feature a fluid, contemporary design that will delight visitors through a variety of innovative, hands-on experiences.
"We were thrilled about the potential of this opportunity," commented George Foussias, Design Director, Quadrangle. "Our expertise in realizing bold retail interiors and technologically-rich environments paired with Samsung's dedication to innovation allowed us to create a completely immersive environment: a touchpoint for consumers to access and experience the Samsung ecosystem in a brand new way."
"CF Toronto Eaton Centre offers an unparalleled retail experience in the heart of Canada's most vibrant city, made possible by innovative retail spaces like those offered by our partners at Samsung Canada," said Sal Iacono, EVP, Operations, Cadillac Fairview. "We're excited to welcome the first retail experience of its kind for Samsung Canada to the downtown core, in a space that will be a must-see for the nearly 50-million visitors CF Toronto Eaton Centre attracts annually."
This marks the sixth Samsung Experience Store in Canada since 2012, with successful retail locations already in Ontario at CF Sherway Gardens and Yorkdale Shopping Centre, in British Columbia at Metrotown Mall in Burnaby and CF Richmond Centre in Richmond, and in Edmonton at the West Edmonton Mall.
For the latest information and announcements on this upcoming retail launch from Samsung Canada, follow facebook.com/SamsungCanada or on Twitter @SamsungCanada.
About Samsung Electronics Canada, Inc.
Samsung Electronics Canada inspires Canadians to reach their full potential through a transformative ecosystem of products and services that deliver innovation and distinct design to every aspect of their connected lives. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, virtual reality and wearable devices, tablets and digital appliances. In 2016, Samsung was ranked in the top 10 most reputable brands in Canada, based on a study by Leger. Dedicated to helping make a difference in the lives of Canadians, Samsung's award-winning Hope for Children corporate giving initiatives supports public education, sustainability and health-related issues in communities across the country.
To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com
SOURCE Samsung Electronics Canada
For further information: or to request interviews, please contact: Lianne Pitts, North Strategic (for Samsung Canada), [email protected]