TORONTO, Feb. 4, 2019 /CNW/ - The Top Employer Institute has officially recognized Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc. (RBH) once again as a Top Employer 2019 in Canada for excellence in employee conditions.
RBH has been recognized by the Top Employer Institute since 2018 and among the 100 Employers Greater Toronto Area for two consecutive years prior to that.
Organizations certified as Top Employers dedicate themselves to providing the very best working environment for employees through their progressive 'people-first' human resources practices.
As an independent human resources certification company, the Top Employers Institute assesses participants through its global HR Best Practices Survey. In order to be certified, organizations must successfully achieve the required minimum standard as set out by the Top Employers Institute.
The HR Best Practice Survey encompasses more than 100 questions which cover 600 'People Development' practices across 10 topics, including Talent Strategy, Workforce Planning, Talent Acquisition, On-boarding, Learning & Development, Performance Management, Leadership Development, Career & Succession Management, and Compensation & Benefits and Culture.
The Certification Program has certified and recognized more than 1500 Top Employers in 118 countries across five continents.
RBH is on a transformation journey to create a Smoke-Free Canada by 2035. Part of that transformation includes a cultural transformation to empower RBH employees to create a better future and culture.
QUOTES: Peter Luongo, Managing Director, RBH:
- "Companies don't change the world – people do. At RBH our people are changing the future of tobacco to help make Canada smoke-free by 2035."
- "We are proud to receive certification of Top Employer 2019 on behalf of our employees. Our people are the heart of our company and professional development is at the core of everything we do."
- "This well-deserved global recognition is possible because we at Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc. strive together, as a team, to enrich the world of work."
- "As a certified Top Employer 2019, we are a part of a global community of forward-thinking organizations that continue to strive for only the best people practices, and this further cements our commitment to optimizing and improving our business performance."
QUOTE: David Plink, Top Employers Institute:
- "We believe that the 2019 Certified organizations demonstrate exceptional employee conditions and encourage the development of these practices by putting their people first. These companies help enrich the world of work with their outstanding dedication to HR excellence and because of this, they are recognized as an employer of choice"
About Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc.
Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc., an affiliate of Philip Morris International Inc., is one of Canada's leading tobacco companies and employs nearly 800 people across the country with its headquarters in Toronto and a factory in Québec City. Visit Rothmans Benson & Hedges Facebook page for more information.
About the Top Employers Institute
The Top Employers Institute is the global authority on certifying excellence in employee conditions. We are dedicated to accelerating the impact of people strategies to enrich the world of work through certification, benchmarking and connecting Top Employers around the world. Through our certification program, we enable organizations to assess and improve their workplace environment. Established more than 25 years ago, the Top Employers Institute has certified over 1500 organizations in 118 countries. These Certified Top Employers positively impact the lives of over 6 000 000 employees globally. Interested in becoming a Certified Top Employer or want to learn more? Visit https://www.top-employers.com/en/
SOURCE Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc.
For further information: Media contact: Sarah Tratt, Sarah.email@example.com, 416-986-4432