- Sorento enjoys numerous exterior and interior enhancements to achieve a more refined and sophisticated look
- Performance elevated with available new 8-speed automatic transmission and revised 6-speed gearbox
- UVO Intelligence embedded telematics system among available features to make Sorento more technologicallly advanced than ever before
- New diesel engine in development to join the Canadian lineup in the future
- More information and full specs will be announced at a later date
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Nov. 30, 2017 /CNW/ - Kia today unveiled the refreshed 2019 Sorento SUV at the Los Angeles International Auto Show. Refined, rugged and roomy, the Sorento remains as capable as ever, but touts a number of visual and feature enhancements, inside and out.
"The refined Kia Sorento will give Canadians a fun-to-drive, AWD 7-passenger vehicle with enhanced styling, more technology and a more sophisticated interior – all backed by the brand that has ranked number one in quality two years in a row," said Ted Lancaster, VP & COO, Kia Canada Inc.
Full Canadian details will be released at a later date but enhancements to the new Sorento include:
- A subtle facelift with a tighter, sharper appearance, including exterior improvements made to the front grille, front and rear bumper, headlamps, wheel design and LED Headlights
- Just as spacious with a more sophisticated and premium look and feel thanks to an array of upgrades and enhancements, including improvements to the seat, passenger lumbar support, steering wheel, centre fascia and console
- Technology improvements include Kia Canada's new UVO Intelligence embedded telematics system, wireless cell phone charging, High Beam Assist, Lane Keep Assist and Front Parking sensors
- Available with Kia's new eight-speed automatic transmission, providing a slick-shifting, decisive drive, while also improving fuel economy
- A new diesel engine is also in development that will join the Canadian lineup in the future
About Kia Canada Inc.
Kia Canada Inc. (www.kia.ca – www.facebook.com/kiacanada), a maker of quality vehicles for the young-at-heart is a subsidiary of Kia Motors Corporation (KMC) which was founded in 1999 and sells and services high quality, class leading vehicles like the Soul, Forte, Optima and Sorento through a network of 190 dealers nationwide. Kia Canada Inc. employs 154 people in its Mississauga, Ontario headquarters and four regional offices across Canada, including a state-of-the-art facility in Montreal. Kia's brand slogan "The Power to Surprise" represents the company's global commitment to surprise the world by providing exciting & inspiring experiences that go beyond expectations.
SOURCE Kia Canada Inc.
For further information: about Kia Canada and our products, please visit our Media Centre at KiaMedia.ca or contact: Mark James, Corporate Communications Manager, Kia Canada Inc.,T: 905-755-6251; C: 416-660-3568; E: firstname.lastname@example.org; Maxime Surette, Product Communications Manager, Kia Canada Inc.,T: 905-755-6272; C: 416-316-3313; E : email@example.com; John Adzija, National Manager, Corporate Communications & Corporate Partnerships, Kia Canada Inc.,T: 905-755-6266; C: 905-301-6207; E: firstname.lastname@example.org