TORONTO, Sept. 28, 2017 /CNW/ - Purpose can transform organizations from the inside out, creating productive employees, loyal customers, happy stakeholders and financial returns.
The Business [Un]Usual: Profit from Purpose conference, co-hosted by the Conference Board of Canada, CBSR, and Volunteer Canada, will bring together business leaders and experts to discuss trends affecting business sustainability in Canada, how purpose can drive organizational performance, and the shifting consumer mindset that favours companies who put public benefit at the heart of their business strategy. Discussion topics include:
- Corporate Activism: The Power of Taking a Stand
- Gender Equity in Corporate Canada
- Disruptive Innovation: Are Robots Good for Business?
- Transparency and Reporting in a Social Age
- Corporate Reconciliation with Canada's Indigenous Communities
- The Art of Communicating Sustainability
When: October 2-3, 2017
Where: Beanfield Centre, 100 Princes' Blvd, Suite 1, Toronto, ON M6K 3C3
Who: Speakers include:
- Her Excellency Diana Madunic, Swedish Ambassador for Corporate Social Responsibility, Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- Marsha Smith, President, IKEA Canada
- Rosie Warin, Chief Executive Officer, Kin & Co and Co-Founder of We Are Europe
- Bea Boccalandro, President, VeraWorks
- Toby Heaps, Chief Executive Officer, Corporate Knights
- Chantale Després, Director, Sustainability, Canadian National Railway Company
- Frances Edmonds, Head of Sustainability, HP Canada
- Daniel Goodwin, External Relations Executive, Shell Canada Limited
- Pedro Silveira, President, DanoneWave Canada
For the full schedule and times visit: http://www.conferenceboard.ca/conf/17-0144/agenda.aspx
Follow us on Twitter: @CBoC_Events | #BusinessUnusual
Media accreditation is required. Speakers are also available for offsite comment pieces and interviews.
This conference is sponsored by Chartered Professional Accountants Canada, BMS Group and Under Our Wing Insurance, Potash Corp., and the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers.
SOURCE Conference Board of Canada
For further information: For more information or media accreditation, contact: Yvonne, Corporate Communications, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 221, E-mail: [email protected]; Juline Ranger, Director of Communications, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 431, E-mail: [email protected]