GATINEAU, QC, Nov. 30, 2015 /CNW/ - The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC), in collaboration with the National Film Board of Canada (NFB), will host an event in Montreal, on December 3, 2015, to kick-start a discussion on the discoverability of content.
The half-day event known as En route to the Discoverability Summit: Content in the Age of Abundance, will gather experts from a variety of fields to generate preliminary ideas and strategies leading to the Discoverability Summit in May 2016.
This event will focus on French-language markets
Date: December 3, 2015
Time: from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: the Phi Centre, 407, Saint-Pierre street, Montreal
Moderator: Matthieu Dugal, host and columnist on Ici Radio-Canada Première and TV5 Monde
Keynote speaker: Pascal Lechevallier, CEO of What's Hot, a new media consulting firm
- Sylvain Lafrance, Adjunct Professor, HEC Montréal
- Christine Thoër, Associate Professor in the Department of Public and Social Communication at Université du Quebec in Montreal, UQAM
- Jean-François Gagnon, President & Founder, LVL
- Wale Gbadamosi-Oyekanmi, CEO & Creation Director, Darewin
- Suzanne Lortie , Professor, Director of the communication program (cultural and media production strategies) at UQAM's École des médias
- Michèle Savard, Senior Vice President, Carat
Note: Moderators, speakers and experts will be available for interviews on site
For media interested in attending the Montreal event please contact Media Relations at 819-997-9403 or email@example.com by Wednesday, December 2, at 5:00 p.m. A Media accreditation desk will be set up at the entrance of the event.
For media outlets interested in setting up camera equipment please contact us to make advance arrangements.
- Follow the CRTC (@CRTCEng) and NFB (@theNFB) on twitter
- Use the hashtag #discoverability
- Visit www.discoverability.ca
Follow and Like our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/crtceng
- Biographies and agenda for Vancouver En Route pre-event
- Biographies and agenda for Montreal En Route pre-event
- En route to the Discoverability Summit: Content in the Age of Abundance. Vancouver event video
- En route to the Discoverability Summit: Content in the Age of Abundance. Montreal event video
SOURCE Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission
For further information: CRTC Media Relations: Tel: 819-997-9403, Fax: 819-997-4245, Communications@crtc.gc.ca