TORONTO, March 4, 2015 /CNW/ - Toronto Hydro is continuing work to restore power to approximately 3,100 customers following yesterday's weather event.
Crews are working throughout the night to restore power to remaining customers. Damage arising from these types of equipment failures is complex and time consuming. As a result, some customers in areas hardest hit may be without power until tomorrow and should consider alternative arrangements.
Areas within the following boundaries are without power as of Wednesday, March 4, 8:00 p.m.
- East and West of Jane Street to Queens Drive in the north to Lippincott Street in the south
- Victoria Park Avenue and Eglinton Avenue
- Hamer Boulevard to Dixon Road, West of York Road to East of Islington Avenue
- Finch Avenue to Sheppard Avenue, Weston Road to Arrow Road
Note that customers may experience brief outages during the restoration process.
As crews work to restore power, please keep safety top of mind:
- If you spot a downed wire, please stay back (at least 10 feet) and report it to 911 or to Toronto Hydro's operations centre at 416-542-8000.
- With additional crews and trucks on the road, be mindful of the construction sites while walking or driving today. Stay back if you see a hydro truck working on equipment in your neighbourhood.
- Check on vulnerable neighbours or friends that might need some extra help during an extended power outage.
If customers are outside of these boundaries and are experiencing a power outage, please call 416 542-8000 to report your outage.
For the most recent updates, please visit www.outageTO.com, or call our call centre at 416-542-8000.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we work to restore your power.
About Toronto Hydro
Toronto Hydro-Electric System Limited owns and operates an electricity distribution system, which delivers electricity to approximately 736,000 customers located in the city of Toronto. It is the largest municipal electricity distribution company in Canada and distributes approximately 18% of the electricity consumed in the province of Ontario.
SOURCE Toronto Hydro Corporation
For further information: Media Standby, C: 416-903-6845